I LOVE my new skis!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I LOVE my new skis!

Powderqueen
My Line Prophet 100s totall rocked in all conditions this weekend. They look like fat powder skis, but man, those boards are so solid in all conditions. They carve hardpack quite well and have excellent edgehold. They are sure and stable at speed and can rip the bumps. Diced the death cookies on Topridge with little effort. A true do-all ski. No need for a quiver. I'm selling my Volkl Gotama's because I think the Prophets are so awesome I don't need the Goats. The Gotamas are 106 underfoot and have a reverse camber. If no one wants them here, I will bring them out west and will likely sell them there and not bring them home.

Harv, don't even bother with the 90s, just get the 100s...you'll be glad you did.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I LOVE my new skis!

tBatt
Nice! If I knew someone would be selling Goats there's a chance I would have held off on my new skis.
I'm pretty confident I'll like them though. Lots o good reviews.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
Whatdjya get Fujative?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Powderqueen wrote
Harv, don't even bother with the 90s, just get the 100s...you'll be glad you did.
The reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because the K2s that replace the Worlds are 82 at the waist. While 90mm seems right for my fat ski, it seems a little nuts to have a Quiver of Two with and 82 and a 90.

While I have no doubt that PDQ rocked the 100s on hardpack, there are two factors here. First, without a doubt PDQ is a significantly better skier than I am. Second, she's rocking those 100s on alpine gear, not teles.

It's a quandry. I'll probably make some kind of a decision before year end.  Hoping to do a bunch of demos from Gear Source over the Christmas Holiday.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Rossi S6 from last year.
traditional camber, 106 underfoot. They're a bit stiffer than I was expecting, but I'm sure I'll be fine with that. They won't be the greatest in bumps, but I still have my old skis regardless of how beat they are.

More specs here