I'm a firm believer in the original

22 messages Options
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

I'm a firm believer in the original

Got to talking with a hunting buddy of mine about gear. I stated that all my gear, whether it's hunting, skiing, riding, etc etc is all Gore-tex. He said I'm crazy for spending that kind of money. Could be, but I firmly believe it's worth the extra dough. The stuff lasts forever. I have gear that is years old that still performs like new.

What "original" are you a fan of.
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Re: I'm a firm believer in the original

campgottagopee wrote
...Could be, but I firmly believe it's worth the extra dough. The stuff lasts forever. I have gear that is years old that still performs like new.
Camp, you are absolutely right that a product made with Gore-Tex is going to have a higher level of quality. The W. L. Gore company has very high quality standards that a prospective manufacturer must pass in order to use the product. So if it is made with Gore-Tex, you can be assured that the jacket or whatever is well-made. Plus, I agree, the stuff simply works as advertised.

Hmm, what original thing do I believe in? Since this is a ski forum I will go with skis made with wood. The original skis from way back were whittled out of wood and most higher-end skis of today have wood cores. All my favourite skis have had wood cores and I still use some old woody cross-country skis from time to time. Yay, wood!

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

Good call on the wooden core ski's SBR. I concur with your thoughts.

Sticking with skiing/outdoor theme I'm also fan of the original Duck Tape brand Duct Tape. Can't tell you how many times I've put that stuff on ski boots, gloves, pants. The stuff really works great. All the others are, well, just imitation. Even that damn gorilla tape doesn't hold a candle to the Duck.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

POSSUM LODGE  snowplow
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

^^ "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

Sooooooo. While watching the news this AM a commercial came on touting that Burger King now has a all new plant based burger with zero beef in it, but it tastes like beef. Yeah I bet it does.

No thanks.

Give me an original beef cow all beef burger please.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Yup SBR !!!!

love me some Red Green , now THAT lad IS an original ....Duck  Tape FOR EVAH !!
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Lol, here's who camp imagines himself to be:

Reply |

It's OK MC.

You can eat plant based burgers if you'd like. You can find them right next to the soy milk.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Haha, have you ever tried the beyond burger?

Or are you just against it on principle because it isn't "manly" enough for you, like soy milk?

(what if people are lactose intolerant and get the soy milk? Do you slap it out of their hands and call them pussies while saying only real men love diarrhea?)