classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I'm a firm believer in the original

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
Got to talking with a hunting buddy of mine about gear. I stated that all my gear, whether it's hunting, skiing, riding, etc etc is all Gore-tex. He said I'm crazy for spending that kind of money. Could be, but I firmly believe it's worth the extra dough. The stuff lasts forever. I have gear that is years old that still performs like new.

What "original" are you a fan of.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I'm a firm believer in the original

Sick Bird Rider
campgottagopee wrote
...Could be, but I firmly believe it's worth the extra dough. The stuff lasts forever. I have gear that is years old that still performs like new.
Camp, you are absolutely right that a product made with Gore-Tex is going to have a higher level of quality. The W. L. Gore company has very high quality standards that a prospective manufacturer must pass in order to use the product. So if it is made with Gore-Tex, you can be assured that the jacket or whatever is well-made. Plus, I agree, the stuff simply works as advertised.

Hmm, what original thing do I believe in? Since this is a ski forum I will go with skis made with wood. The original skis from way back were whittled out of wood and most higher-end skis of today have wood cores. All my favourite skis have had wood cores and I still use some old woody cross-country skis from time to time. Yay, wood!

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Good call on the wooden core ski's SBR. I concur with your thoughts.

Sticking with skiing/outdoor theme I'm also fan of the original Duck Tape brand Duct Tape. Can't tell you how many times I've put that stuff on ski boots, gloves, pants. The stuff really works great. All the others are, well, just imitation. Even that damn gorilla tape doesn't hold a candle to the Duck.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy

POSSUM LODGE  snowplow
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^^ "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sooooooo. While watching the news this AM a commercial came on touting that Burger King now has a all new plant based burger with zero beef in it, but it tastes like beef. Yeah I bet it does.

No thanks.

Give me an original beef cow all beef burger please.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Yup SBR !!!!

love me some Red Green , now THAT lad IS an original ....Duck  Tape FOR EVAH !!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Lol, here's who camp imagines himself to be:

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's OK MC.

You can eat plant based burgers if you'd like. You can find them right next to the soy milk.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Haha, have you ever tried the beyond burger?

Or are you just against it on principle because it isn't "manly" enough for you, like soy milk?

(what if people are lactose intolerant and get the soy milk? Do you slap it out of their hands and call them pussies while saying only real men love diarrhea?)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Or are you just against it on principle because it isn't "manly" enough for you, like soy milk?

No, never have tried one. Have you?

Has nothing to do with being manly MC. Rather all about principle. To me it's like kissing through a screen door

MC2 5678F589 wrote

(what if people are lactose intolerant and get the soy milk? Do you slap it out of their hands and call them pussies while saying only real men love diarrhea?)
No. I feel thankful that I'm not so I can enjoy a nice glass of milk or bowl of ice cream.

I don't make fun of people MC.

Not sure why  me sharing my thoughts or opinions triggers you so.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote

No, never have tried one. Have you?

Has nothing to do with being manly MC. Rather all about principle. To me it's like kissing through a screen door

MC2 5678F589 wrote

No. I feel thankful that I'm not so I can enjoy a nice glass of milk or bowl of ice cream.

I don't make fun of people MC.

Not sure why  me sharing my thoughts or opinions triggers you so.
If Vegan is so good, why are they trying to make shit taste like meat? That's why nobody wants a burger that tastes like salad! I had an impossible Wopper by mistake. It was horrible. They should just call it the Horrible Wopper. Beyond meat is bad for you. Ultra processed chemical crap. No thanks.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote

No, never have tried one.
Lol.

It's just so relevant to SBR's discussion in the other thread about how people just pop off on things they have no idea about.

At least Johnny tried it (even if he is now trying to claim he was tricked into ordering it). His opinion is vastly more useful than yours, which was formed out of ignorance and dumb assumptions.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
For many, me included, meat is satisfying.  For some  reasons I won't  bore you with, no more meat for Harv, or way less. Sometimes  I do go for it.

Chicken I'm sick of, but pork satisfies.

I heard the fake burgers were decent.  Fake burger news?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
SBR's point was about asking questions and  researching. I didn't ask a question, nor do I need to research what beef taste's like.

Now, what the hell are you talking about.

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Full Disclosure: I eat too much BK and am fatter than ever.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Marketers think people with convictions or food allergies want a replacement food (and for many, they are probably right).....veggie burger, gluten free pizza, vegan cheesecake, etc. When really changing your diet should probably be about starting anew, from the ground up. Finding new ways, not just substitutes for old faves. It’s not easy.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I feel like, in the future, meat might get more expensive (it already is in other countries, or if you opt for grass-fed, organic, etc.).

As an aside, one thing I hate about Canada is that you can't order a rare steak in a restaurant. What the hell is that garbage?

I also think that a lot of people could be helped by just eating less, not necessarily changing the things they eat. It's a basic calories in/calories burned math equation:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Or are you just against it on principle because it isn't "manly" enough for you
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Anyone buy beef from their local farmer and skip the USDA?