I'm looking for a Demo Day?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I'm looking for a Demo Day?

BMK10
I've had my Rossi's for about 15 years now...I think it's finally time to upgrade..

I was going to buy a new set of skis before this season started however to be honest I got overwhelmed with all the options and if I'm dropping close to a grand on a set up I want to make sure I like it. Downhill carving on groomed trails is where I am most comfortable however I'm looking to expand towards more of a park ski/ twin tip or an all mountain ski with rocker in the tip/tail.. I was looking into ON3P Wrenegade, High Society Freeride, K2 Marksman and other skis of that nature however I'd really love to test some of these out first because if they're not what I'm expecting I would rather go buy a pair of Rossignol experience series or blizzard quattro's and have a nice downhill carving ski that I will enjoy.

I live in Central New York and I'm planning a trip to Gore and Okemo sometime within the next month, Does anybody know of a Demo Day coming up in NY? or possibly Vermont?
Thanks
Brad  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I'm looking for a Demo Day?

MC2 5678F589
March 9th at Stratton?
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by BMK10
I don't know about demo days, but since you are in the market for new skis I figured I'd mention how awesome my 2017 Dynastar Powertrack 84s are, and you might want to test that brand (also owned by Rossignol, I think?).  That was their all-mountain offering  back then, I think they have been replaced by the Legend.  

I had previously been skiing a Head Rev 84, and it was like moving from a Ford Crown Vic (heavy, stable, sluggish) to a snappy sports car.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

BMK10
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I might be marking this on the calendar. It's a little later than I was hoping but it's right near okemo which is sweet.
I will call to see what brands they will be hosting.
Thanks a lot!
Reply | Threaded
|

BMK10
In reply to this post by Petronio
Now those are some sick looking skis! I love the green and black. hopefully I can find a demo day with those bad boys! They don't look like they really have any tail rocker so they're probably not the best for park use, but I'm sure they carve great.

I'm almost wondering if I'd be better off to get a new pair skis geared towards carving and then maybe keep an eye out for a used pair of twin tips at a reasonable price. hmmm, really hope a demo day helps me with my indecision lol

thx!
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by Petronio
I have Powertrack 84s, but I can't remember the year - maybe 2015 or 2016. Very fun skis, easy to turn and edge.  I found that they can be chattery at speed, and the tips on the skis I had would get kind of noodly in heavy snow (much less of a concern at speed).  

Also, take a look at Jskis.  They have several lines of skis, but they only sell online.  You can call up or email and tell them how you ski or want to ski em and they make a rec.  The cool thing is you can ski them 3 days and before day 4 you can return them if you don't like them.  3 days of skiing - not three days.  Returning them did not come into play for me, so I don't know how true it is.  

I bought the Masterblaster in response to the above concerns I had with the powertrack (again, still a really good ski, especially if you are sticking to groomers).  The Masterblaster are great, they handle any conditions.  A few things to be aware of the masterblaster - they are more demanding skis.  If you sit back in them, you will regret it.  They are also heavier than the powertracks.  While still playful, you really have to finish your turns on the Masterblaster. Also the MB is wide under foot.  96cm.  It has been fun for me, but certainly takes some time to adjust to.

I couldn't be happier with the MBs, and I really enjoyed my powertrack.  Two very different skis.  

Good luck!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by BMK10
February 9th at Platty is a Fatypus demo.