classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
38 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ignoramous

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
Why?  They could have been driving around on the access roads and ended up there.  Ill wait to here what the guy has to say.  FTR- I had a lot more fun doing things like that with my dad than I ever did at chuckie cheese.
But your Dad would be smart enough not to drive down a ski slope....u know this guy is an idiot
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
Is not possible he went up there to get wife or kid that twisted an ankle hiking and things went wrong?
That's your best shot at a reasonable explanation?
He'd still be an idiot.  Instead of illegally and unsafely driving his personal vehicle up and/or down the 30-degree slope, the correct action would have been to request assistance from the sherriff, state troopers or EnCon officer.  Then they could have used their John Deere Gator response utility task vehicle to safely evacuate the injured parties, the same DEP-owned vehicle that was ultimately used to transport all 3 injured vicitims down from the crash site.
Nowhere does it state that took place. All that is known from that article is poor judgment was made resulting in an accident
Poor judgement is asking your wife if she doesn't mind that you go to a strip club.  This was downright stupidity.  What ever town has this guy as a cop has to be thinking that maybe this is not the guy that should be carrying around a badge and gun.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
http://winter.mountaincreek.com/upload/photos/1952013TrailMap_web.jpg

Having a little bit knowledge of the lay of the land at Mountain Creek, I'm guessing that it will eventually be reported that the clown-in-question was attempting to ascend the Pipeline trail and that his vehicle flipped backwards to start its somersault down the mountain. For the life of me, I can't figure out a way that he would have been able to get to the top of that trail in a Jeep for an attempt to drive down it.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
DrSkimeister wrote
http://winter.mountaincreek.com/upload/photos/1952013TrailMap_web.jpg

Having a little bit knowledge of the lay of the land at Mountain Creek, I'm guessing that it will eventually be reported that the clown-in-question was attempting to ascend the Pipeline trail and that his vehicle flipped backwards to start its somersault down the mountain. For the life of me, I can't figure out a way that he would have been able to get to the top of that trail in a Jeep for an attempt to drive down it.
There are a lot of work roads, but I think you are correct in thinking he probably went up from the bottom. He also could have tried to turn on the slope in an effort to get down and started the jeep rolling.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
Is not possible he went up there to get wife or kid that twisted an ankle hiking and things went wrong?
He'd still be an idiot.  Instead of illegally and unsafely driving his personal vehicle up and/or down the 30-degree slope, the correct action would have been to request assistance from the sherriff, state troopers or EnCon officer.  Then they could have used their John Deere Gator response utility task vehicle to safely evacuate the injured parties, the same DEP-owned vehicle that was ultimately used to transport all 3 injured vicitims down from the crash site.
Nowhere does it state that took place.
If you mean it does not state that the victims were transported down from the crash site in the John Deere Gator respose utility task vehicle, then (from the NJ Herald article):
An Atlantic Air One helicopter and four Vernon police officers — Jason Mangano, Charles Reid, Derrick Scudieri and Kenneth Kuzicki — worked together to locate the Jeep, police said, and the department-owned John Deere Gator response utility task vehicle (UTV) was dispatched to the scene to aid in the effort. Moran said the eyewitness from the golf resort ran up the mountain, located the boy and carried him back down to a four-wheel drive emergency response vehicle... Kelly Fertitta was transported down the mountain on the medical bed of the UTV, which was also used for her husband after he was extricated from the vehicle.

If you mean that it does not state that the driver was responding to a twisted ankle, of course you're right.  You made that statement as a hypothetical explanation for "reasonable" behavior on the part of the driver.  It was a bad hypothetical explanation because the driver would still be an idiot in that situation.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
thank god someone got it - i was seriously cracking myself up over that one

if i had to guess he was climbing and almost made it
I'm ashamed to say i totally missed that one----quality larry right there
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
Nowhere does it state that took place.
If you mean it does not state that the victims were transported down from the crash site in the John Deere Gator respose utility task vehicle, then (from the NJ Herald article):
An Atlantic Air One helicopter and four Vernon police officers — Jason Mangano, Charles Reid, Derrick Scudieri and Kenneth Kuzicki — worked together to locate the Jeep, police said, and the department-owned John Deere Gator response utility task vehicle (UTV) was dispatched to the scene to aid in the effort. Moran said the eyewitness from the golf resort ran up the mountain, located the boy and carried him back down to a four-wheel drive emergency response vehicle... Kelly Fertitta was transported down the mountain on the medical bed of the UTV, which was also used for her husband after he was extricated from the vehicle.

If you mean that it does not state that the driver was responding to a twisted ankle, of course you're right.  You made that statement as a hypothetical explanation for "reasonable" behavior on the part of the driver.  It was a bad hypothetical explanation because the driver would still be an idiot in that situation.
You really couldn't figure out it was a response to your statement of what they were actually doing
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
skimore wrote
You really couldn't figure out it was a response to your statement of what they were actually doing
I’m not going to waste any more time responding to your vague, incomplete sentences and unsupported statements.  The preponderance of facts presented in the newspaper accounts demonstrate that the driver of the Jeep was reckless and irresponsible.  He was a fool, an idiot or worse.  If you choose to believe otherwise, so be it.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Adk Jeff wrote
 He was a fool, an idiot or worse.  If you choose to believe otherwise, so be it.
Many could say that about someone who straps planks on their feet and slides down an icy mountain.........but no accidents happen doing that

Adk Jeff wrote
The preponderance of facts presented in the newspaper accounts demonstrate that the driver of the Jeep was reckless and irresponsible
What facts?
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
its too bad some one got hurt,but the guy was in a jeep and thats what some people do in jeeps,its called 4 wheeling.yup i drive a jeep and i used too have one that wood summit that hill easy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
outlaw 1 wrote
its too bad some one got hurt,but the guy was in a jeep and thats what some people do in jeeps,its called 4 wheeling.yup i drive a jeep and i used too have one that wood summit that hill easy.
I call it a poorly conceived idea at best and sheer idiocy at worst.  Unimogs pull jeeps out of ditches, and I wouldn't do that in a Unimog.
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Update in today's local paper-both the guy and his wife have been charged with child endangerment.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Good !  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
The driver had a .17 BAC (blood alcohol content). The limit in NJ is .08.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
x10003q wrote
Anyone looking to defend this A-hole now?
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Adk Jeff wrote
x10003q wrote
Anyone looking to defend this A-hole now?
Humored by the following quote from NJ Herald-
"The affidavit, signed by Vernon Police Detective Sean Talt, alleges that Kelly Fertitta told a caseworker from the Department of Children Protection and Permanency that she, her husband and son were at Cava Winery prior to the crash.

Kelly Fertitta allegedly told the caseworker that she "consumed three glasses of wine" at Cava Winery and that her husband "had also been drinking alcoholic beverages while at the winery prior to the crash," the affidavit read.

Iacullo, reached for reaction on Thursday, said the account in the affidavit is "not consistent with my understanding of what transpired at that time."

"Kelly at no time was aware of, or felt in any way, that Michael was intoxicated or unable to operate the vehicle. I'm not in a position to comment any further, beyond that there is nothing that indicated to Kelly in any way that he was impaired," Iacullo said, adding that Kelly Fertitta "consumed a minute amount of alcohol that day." "

Not sure that a woman who allegedly admits to having 3 glasses of wine is the best person to assess the sobriety of someone else that is known to also have been drinking.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
DrSkimeister wrote
Not sure that a woman who allegedly admits to having 3 glasses of wine is the best person to assess the sobriety of someone else that is known to also have been drinking.
And if she admits to 3, it might have been even more than that...
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Wife's BAC was .034 - under the legal limit for driving although she was just a passenger in the jeep.
Article