Ignoramous

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
38 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ignoramous

DrSkimeister
Mountain Creek is only a few miles from NY State line....

http://www.njherald.com/story/22172542/2013/05/06/vernon-couple-6-year-old-injured-after-jeep-veers-off-steep-ski-trail

It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ignoramous

campgottagopee
Amazing someone would do that with a child on board

what a dum dum
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Apparntly this cretin is a cop . What a damn  fool to put his family at risk and if the notion is true that he is a cop ,one has to seriously question not only his judgement but also his ability to react in crucial situations . There are fools and damn fools this guy is the latter .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
There aren't any details in that link to make these assertations
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
for a father and a cop he was not being a very good roll model
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
You're saying what the guy did was reasonable?

Linked article states:
The trail where the crash occurred was cleared as part of the Tennessee Gas Pipeline project, according to Mountain Creek Resort president Bill Benneyan, and is owned by the state Department of Environmental Protection.

Benneyan, asked about the trail, characterized it as "state-owned land, on which we operate a ski area, via a land-use agreement."

"That is a double-black diamond, super-expert ski trail. It's the steepest trail we operate at Mountain Creek," Benneyan added.

Off-roading on natural terrain is popular in Sussex County, but not allowed without the permission of the landowner.

DEP spokesman Larry Ragonese said Jeeps and other motorized vehicles are not permitted in either state-owned parks or wildlife management areas.

So it would appear the vehicle was being operated illegally.

Also:
The 6-year old boy, whose name was withheld, was ejected from his car seat in the rear of the 2007 Jeep Wrangler 

Make your own conclusion, but I'd say the facts as stated in the article support the assessment made by the other posters above: the guy exercised extremely poor judgement.  Ignoramus, fool, cretin.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
 I'm saying nothing as the article has ZERO info on what actually transpired to cause the terrible accident. Do you know the reason for them being where they were?
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
 I'm saying nothing as the article has ZERO info on what actually transpired to cause the terrible accident. Do you know the reason for them being where they were?
Once you find yourself on a thirty degree slope in your jeep you need stabilize, turn off the engine and quickly get out and away from the jeep. The slope is about 1/2 mile from top to bottom. The bottom is not that steep and probably inticing for the driver.
I am pretty sure the driver chose to get on the slope and lost control.

There is a good chance that if the guy wasn't a cop charges would have been filed immediately.
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Update from local newspaper:

http://www.njherald.com/story/22188295/2013/05/07/eyewitness-recounts-ski-trail-rescue

It turns out that the driver/father is a detective with the Passiac County, NJ, prosecutor's office.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
I'm saying that it would be extremely unlikely that they found themselves at the top of that slope by accident.  They didn't make a wrong turn on the way home from a visit to Chuck E. Cheese with the 6-year-old.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Why?  They could have been driving around on the access roads and ended up there.  Ill wait to here what the guy has to say.  FTR- I had a lot more fun doing things like that with my dad than I ever did at chuckie cheese.

Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
I'm saying that it would be extremely unlikely that they found themselves at the top of that slope by accident.  They didn't make a wrong turn on the way home from a visit to Chuck E. Cheese with the 6-year-old.
Is not possible he went up there to get wife or kid that twisted an ankle hiking and things went wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
Is not possible he went up there to get wife or kid that twisted an ankle hiking and things went wrong?
You mean like the good samaritan who walked up the slope to rescue the kid?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
for a father and a cop he was not being a very good roll model
 Not sure if you meant role or Roll model - he apparently is pretty good at Rolling - Role model - not so much.

Does anyone know which way he was trying to go?  Since its likely that he did not drive almost all the way up that before falling maybe he was trying to drive down it.  That truely would be a pretty dumb move.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
thank god someone got it - i was seriously cracking myself up over that one

if i had to guess he was climbing and almost made it
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
In reply to this post by DrSkimeister
People, you do realize it's NJ ? I'm sure we can all relate to their superior driving skills. Who hasn't personally been witness to their classic moves?
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
skimore wrote
That's your best shot at a reasonable explanation?
He'd still be an idiot.  Instead of illegally and unsafely driving his personal vehicle up and/or down the 30-degree slope, the correct action would have been to request assistance from the sherriff, state troopers or EnCon officer.  Then they could have used their John Deere Gator response utility task vehicle to safely evacuate the injured parties, the same DEP-owned vehicle that was ultimately used to transport all 3 injured vicitims down from the crash site.  

Reply | Threaded
|

njadk
In reply to this post by endoftheline
Ha! As a proud NJ resident and driver I could argue against the negative perceptions of Jersey drivers until your ears bleed (especially after having spent 4+ years living in NY State . However, in this case, I'm speechless.

The score sheet for this news story is- Charles Darwin 1, Jeep 0. Everyone involved is very lucky it wasn't more.
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
I knew that I'd get someone from Jersey to bite on that one, HA!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
skimore wrote
That's your best shot at a reasonable explanation?
He'd still be an idiot.  Instead of illegally and unsafely driving his personal vehicle up and/or down the 30-degree slope, the correct action would have been to request assistance from the sherriff, state troopers or EnCon officer.  Then they could have used their John Deere Gator response utility task vehicle to safely evacuate the injured parties, the same DEP-owned vehicle that was ultimately used to transport all 3 injured vicitims down from the crash site.
Nowhere does it state that took place. All that is known from that article is poor judgment was made resulting in an accident