classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
149 messages Options
1 ... 5678
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ikon Pass

Saratogahalfday
Love it!  I doubt I'll go to Windham (I've been there plenty in my early life), but it's nice to have a Catskill mountain now.  They will take plenty of IKON NYC's peeps.

Mt. Bachelor adds another BIG dog to the pass.      
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Saratogahalfday wrote
Love it!  I doubt I'll go to Windham (I've been there plenty in my early life), but it's nice to have a Catskill mountain now.  They will take plenty of IKON NYC's peeps.

Mt. Bachelor adds another BIG dog to the pass.
I think Mt Bachelor  is a nice add for Crystal Mtn passholders. Mt Bachelor is awesome, but it really is not an easy trip for eastern pass holders. Staying in Bend (30 minutes from Mt Bachelor) is your only choice for housing.

Windham does sweeten the pass for NYC metro skiers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Windham takes a lot of crap, maybe deservedly. On a bad day they seem to combine the lamest aspects of Belle, Hunter and Stratton in one icy little turd nugget. I understand the criticism but it’s actually not all that hard to have fun there if you’re open minded.  At least they seem to open the peripheral lifts when appropriate, have a friendly uphill policy, more terrain diversity then they get credit for (nothing super hard though- that is true) and nobody seems to take things too seriously there.  When I had the max pass, I used all five days there and enjoyed myself for the most part.  The place gets crowded for sure though.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by x10003q
The Bachelor / Bend  combo is was my fav western trip.. Hope to get back there some day..

Never had a good day at Windham..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
On a bad day they seem to combine the lamest aspects of Belle, Hunter and Stratton in one icy little turd nugget.
Hah!

I agree with Brownski that it's possible to have a decent experience there (mine were usually on deserted weekdays during the spring) as long as expectations are held in check.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
I worked at Windham for a long time, and I still have friends there. One good thing about it is that they always open with some steeper terrain. In the early season when we're lapping Quicksilver at Gore or the WROD at Killington, I can usually ski Wolverine at Windham. It's also the closest ski area of any size for me.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
IKON just updated the COVID insurance policy.  Now if you don't use your pass in 2020/2021, for any reason, you will carry over to 2021/2022.  This eliminates the 12/10 date to do so.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Windham is going to become even more than the S-show it is now.  I think Platty may get some spill over from both Hunter and Windham.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
You’re probably right Marcski. The words been getting out re. Plattekill already. This will accelerate the process
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
1 ... 5678