Ikon snags A-Basin starting 2019-20

14 messages Options
marznc marznc
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Ikon snags A-Basin starting 2019-20

So A-Basin left Epic last spring.  The announcement on Aug. 2 is that Ikon passholders will get 7/5 days at A-Basin when they shell out for Full/Base Ikon.

https://www.alterramtnco.com/news/2019/08/02/ikon-pass-adds-arapahoe-basin

I already went for Full Ikon.  May pay attention to Denver plane fares next May.
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |

Re: Ikon snags A-Basin starting 2019-20

That's good news for me. ABasin and Mad River Glen are the only places I bought lift tickets last year.  

I'm hoping they add West Mountain next, just because it's so close.

mm  
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

Stoked A-Basin is on IKON. Love that place and with WP and Copper on it too makes for a nice Summit County ski trip (yes I know WP is not in summit county but close enough)
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

Benny Profane Benny Profane
Reply |

Copper will have a new lift this year back in the Tucker mountain bowl.
funny like a clown
Reply |

In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
So A-Basin left Epic last spring.  The announcement on Aug. 2 is that Ikon passholders will get 7/5 days at A-Basin when they shell out for Full/Base Ikon.

https://www.alterramtnco.com/news/2019/08/02/ikon-pass-adds-arapahoe-basin

I already went for Full Ikon.  May pay attention to Denver plane fares next May.
I would think of April, instead.
funny like a clown
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

For the amount of trash talking I've heard from both of the multi-resort passes, I wonder if the locals will be any less upset with the ikon crowd over the epic crowd.
Reply |

Well, less days on the Ikon, so crowds should be reduced at Abasin.
funny like a clown
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |

I think the crowds will still be bad.  Five days is a lot of use at one area on a multi-pass.  I bet the Epic buyers who mostly wanted unlimited ABasin days just switched to ABasin passes anyway. I think the crowds are more driven by Denver population growth then anything else.

Locals are gonna complain no matter what. If you don't believe that, just read my posts about Gore.  

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
marznc marznc
Reply |

Milo Maltbie wrote
I think the crowds will still be bad.  Five days is a lot of use at one area on a multi-pass.  I bet the Epic buyers who mostly wanted unlimited ABasin days just switched to ABasin passes anyway. I think the crowds are more driven by Denver population growth then anything else.

Locals are gonna complain no matter what. If you don't believe that, just read my posts about Gore.  

mm
I would be very surprised if travelers with Ikon would use all 5/7 days at A-Basin.  Certainly not all during the same trip.   More likely a day or two as part of a trip of 4+ days.