classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

In the days before the ‘Crick

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Back in the Vernon Valley/Great Gorge era there existed a little water park a few of you may have been to.  Apparently, its secrets are about to be told!  Having grown up little more than an hour away when the park was in operation we found ourselves there now and again......and its reputation was well earned.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/travel/worlds-most-dangerous-waterparks-grisly-secrets-revealed-in-new-documentary/amp/
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: In the days before the ‘Crick

JasonWx
I know it well..
still have scars on my arms from that F'n cart thing. That was the most dangerous thing I have ever done..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That place looks like a blast

Song Mountain used to have one of those concrete alpine slides. I flew of that thing several times. Like Jason I have scars to prove it.

Cracks me up that their making a big deal about this. Then again, we're soft now, so I'm not surprised.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
https://nyskiblog.com/action-park-nj-reopens/
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Six deaths in less then twenty years if you believe Wikipedia. I wonder how that stacks up against other amusement parks from that era. People get hurt at these places more then you would think.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
In reply to this post by Harvey
Didn't Sno write a big post about it at some point or am I confusing it with that ^^ blog article?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Best water park I have ever been to.  Some of those rides were a free for all.  In particular the rope swing and the water slide. You jumped on a matt and raced the other lanes down.  two or three lanes on the far left had a jump down at the last hump.  You could fly.  They did away with them and the slide was no longer fun.   I remember the 360 slide but it closed soon after it opened.  Apparently people were hitting there face on the way around.  You have to be smarter than the ride.  You could always tell who when on the plunge slide.  they walked around the park with red burn marks on their sides.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by bumps
bumps wrote
Didn't Sno write a big post about it at some point or am I confusing it with that ^^ blog article?
I found it
https://forum.nyskiblog.com/The-Softening-of-Society-td4041341.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Johnny Knoxville made a really bad movie that was supposedly inspired by the legend of Action Park a while ago. I saw it- pretty awful. You’d have to be a pretty gigantic Jackass fan in order to enjoy it at all and even then....