Indian Lake Town Ski Hill

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Indian Lake Town Ski Hill

ml242
While wandering about in the ADK's last week, I caught a glimpse of a ski area. I thought, that's cool, I'm sure I will see signs for it as I drive by. But the signs never materialized. I figured that it was a private country club or something, but just googled it anyway.

From the intertubes:

Indian Lake Town Ski Hill & Skating Rink
518-648-5828

Enjoy the pleasures of no lines and no fees. Offering one T-bar and two slopes. Great for sledding and toboggoning too. Lift is open Saturday, Sunday, School vacations 12:00pm - 4:00 pm. Ice Rink is open when ice conditions permit. Located 1/2 mile from village on Rt 30. Skate rentals at Pine's Country Store. For hours and conditions of trails and ice call us.

more info

It didn't look big but FREE trumps big any day. And supposedly one of the slopes is an expert slope. Anyone been there??
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Indian Lake Town Ski Hill

Harvey
Administrator
I just sent the IL Chamber an email asking for a trail map and stats.  Hey .... maybe it exists. It should be in the directory.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
I have hiked around the base of the area. I cannot find the photos. It is very easy to see on the satellite view of Indian Lake. It is about 1/2 mile south of the Rt 28 and Rt 30 intersection in Indian Lake. It is connected to Rt 30 by Ski Hut Rd. You can also see the ice rink.There could be about 200 vertical feet.
Reply | Threaded
|

spunkyskier01
I have multiple pics. I will upload them later tonight.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
As far as I know, it's supposed to be for IL residents only. And if you build a jump, go off trail, or really do anything other than turn while going forward you will be kicked out.

If you were up there, you must've driven past the raft shop! Next to Pine's, across from Stewart's.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
we have stopped there a few times on our way back from skiing blue or snowy for a few extra turns.if you are on very lite gear its ok not much to it
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
It didn't look big but FREE trumps big any day.

No it doesn't.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Free with cherry on top?

I admit, I thought it had a little more vertical. But still, if I lived there a little skinning before work?

Or, a FREEEEEEEEEE lift to get your kids on skis for the first time?

Sounds kind of awesome.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
small and free is a cool combo particulary for getting newbies into the sport or little kids but the surface lift thing can be a b!tch with kids

sounds like the kind of place where locals can dump thier kids off and come back in a few hours and pickem up.  Mt Pisgah is the same deal but not free.  
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

CUontheslopes131
Just wondering if anyone had any pictures of this area? Our Ivy Ski Club lodge is in Wevertown this year - only 25 minutes. We're going to encourage our newbie skiers to try out the rope tow at Dynamite Hill, but this is also an intriguing option. Part of our mission is supporting small, community oriented ski areas so I'd love to get more info.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Keith
Dynamite Hill  and the Schroon Lake town ski tow aren't listed either....
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Keith
Or Ridin' Hy for that matter.
Reply | Threaded
|

kenneywallace
Free areas like that are good, no jumps and horseplay comes from lack of insurance, so its understandable......

Free is better then big if your a marginal skier,

If you only ski greens and blues why pay to go to a overpriced area such as whiteface when u have a small area like that?

If your an expert then ya, the big guys are better
Black diamonds, the easy way down, less moving hazzards