JohnIrvingwrestles
well that sucks.....
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Inside Edge bankruptcy

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Hopefully they can restructure and continue. Having gone through the loss of a job to bankruptcy I can sympathize with the employees. A big loss for the tele community also.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
NY is lucky to have such a quality boot fitting shop in such a central location.

Best of luck to Inside Edge.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Inside edge has a fair on line business as Reliable Racer but not as good as Artechski. The have a fair local store front but not as good as Sportspage. Although I hate to see them go, as I think about it - it's not a surprise. They are a good shop and if I need a tool our supplies and can't wait for an online order I go there. But Gary is my guy for equipment.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
WTF!!
EMS too - say it isn't so.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-05/eastern-mountain-sports-said-to-be-headed-for-bankruptcy-court
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Not good !!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnny V.
In reply to this post by PeeTex
That's too bad! I've gotten a fair amount of stuff from Reliable over the years. Hope they can find a way back although retail both B/M and online certainly is a battle right now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
They invent the first '' bending " slalom race poles/gates. Was a big boon for them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
RRS and Inside Edge have been going downhill (no pun intended) for years. The RRS magazine and the majority of business for them was the flexible race poles that for years they had basically a monopoly on the market, are now being offered by many different companies. Also, it is no secret that Inside Edge has been on credit hold and COD terms with the vast majority of their suppliers, which means stale inventory from past years.
My good friend D, worked there for over 20 years as the head buyer for the whole shabang, and he was let go last year, bummer for sure.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Sorry to see this place go. Back in the day, they had high performance xc gear in addition to alpine.  Last time I was there, they had only waxes touring skis. :(  Hoping they can work their way out of chapter 11.