Insurance Refund

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Insurance Refund

tjf1967
I've been waiting for this day.  While all the insurance companies are patting themselves on the back for sending refunds back do to the virus I finally got mine.  I pay 1800 per year.  They sent me a check for 24 dollars.  They probably spent more on advertising what they were doing than what it actually cost them to do it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Insurance Refund

Harvey
Administrator
I'm getting 20 dollars a month off a $120 bill.  Not sure how long that will go.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
we pay close to 4k in auto insurance..got back 35 dollars.. it's insulting
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
we pay close to 4k in auto insurance..got back 35 dollars.. it's insulting
Mail it back to them
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Yeah big deal. The companies are making you think you are getting some refund of 10 to 15%. But as it turns out you only get 10 to 15% of what your monthly payment works out to be.  So you end up with at best about 2.5% of your annual policy cost, assuming most companies that I heard of are giving you 2 months of refund. Big Wow.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
its like 15 % of comp coverage for two months.  Wait there's more.  I did the math and was chuckling when it was first announced, thought no way can they give me that little back with the big deal they are making.  They were forced lower by the same conditions that allow them to raise rates.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Insurance companies are the root of all evil.  They could care less about their insureds, they only care about their stock price.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Until the riots the insurance companies were super profitable
Now probably not so much
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I got another 24 bucks.  Now were cooking with fire.  I'm going to Disney World!!
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
I got $25.  They should have saved me the trouble and sent me a cigar, 'cause that's where it went.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by Z
How much do you think the riots cost insurance companies?  Pennies compared to a major storm or other natural disasters.  Don't get on the Fox News riot bandwagon.  

I guess once it came to light that these huge insurance companies were not going to be getting a piece of the "small" business loans and grants, they decided to backtrack on their refund amounts.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
Marcski wrote
How much do you think the riots cost insurance companies?
Insurance companies are financial.  They maintain large investment accounts to fund expected payouts. The recent unpleasantness might have been pretty small for them but probably still more than what they expect to pay on wrongful death claims, but it's all still a drop in the bucket compared to their recent investment losses, or their investment losses when the bubble bursts.

mm

"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi