9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Introduction

SnowJoe
This post was updated on .
Hi Everyone,

I have been keeping up with Harvey Road for some time now but was never one to post so I decided to break out of my bubble and get more involved.

Little about me, I live in the flat lands in Jersey City and have been skiing for about 7 years now.  I learned to ski at Gore Mountain and I consider it my home mountain.  If I’m only skiing for a day, its usually a trip to the Catskills.  If I can get 2 days in a row I’m definitely going to Gore but I have been known to do a day trip to Gore if the conditions are right.  I have tried a couple of places in Vermont but after each trip I always tell myself I wish I went to gore instead.  I’m not a fan of New Jersey skiing or the Poconos but at the end of the day, powder is powder so I will follow the snow.  

I really enjoy the blog but I love the storm speculations the most on here.  Its hard to find other people who wish for snow as much as I do, especially after this winter.

Anyway, that's a bit about me.  I’m hoping to get to know everyone better here and start posting some trip reports myself soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Introduction

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hey SnowJoe welcome. I agree with MC, great first post too.

Be kind of cool to have a dedicated new member intro thread.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Nice! What's your favorite pod at Gore?
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by DrSkimeister
Reply | Threaded
|

SnowJoe
In reply to this post by ml242
i am assuming that pod means lift.  That's a very tough question to answer but the high peaks is the winner for me.  But if the conditions are right I love lapping sagamore on the burnt ridge quad.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
Hey Joe,

I live in Montclair and drive up to Whiteface almost every weekend....Many weekends i pick up my son at St. Peters in Jersey City.   A drive to the ADK's is almost always worth it.   I love seeing those cars get off at 787 to head to southern Vermont.

Gore is a great mountain, and the glades are long and fantastic.  I encourage you to drive a little further north once and an while to ski the Face.

Nice to meet you.
Reply | Threaded
|

SnowJoe
How Grillman,

How long of a drive is it from St. Peters to the Face?
Reply | Threaded
|

takeahike46er
Hey there SnowJoe. Fellow JC resident here (near Hamilton Park). Let me know if you ever need a ski buddy.

I hit up Gore occasionally, along with the other NY State hills. I grew up in Queensbury so Gore was often my destination ski hill when I wasn't skiing West (which was practically in my backyard).