Is this cool?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is this cool?

MC2 5678F589
Can't decide if this sport is sick or not . . .

http://vimeo.com/25482359
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is this cool?

Sick Bird Rider
The rig looks somewhat portable and the really cool thing is that you don't need a very big lake to set it up and have it 'er. I don't see it as a totally new sport, simply a different way to waterski (where do you draw the line???). Since there is no boat wake, you build some cool jumps and rails. Throw in some floating green pylons and you have summer tree skiing on twin tips! It would be interesting to compare the carbon footprint of building and operating that rig with building and operating a pro-quality ski/wake boat. Matt, Fugative, you're the engineers...

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
This post was updated on .
Are those the 2013 ON3Ps?

edit
OK, I'll make a real post about it. I heard about these maybe 2 or 3 years ago when they first came out. I wasn't sure what to think. At the time, I said it seemed pretty dumb and inefficient to me. I also said that's probably what people said about twin tip alpine skis around 15 years ago, and look how far it's come.

The biggest downfall that I see is it's so much harder to ollie on them. being able to ollie is a big part of wakeboarding. Again, probably the same with snow twins.

As SB said, cable parks have been around for a longg time. I'm sure the carbon footprint is much less than with a boat. Think about it... every time you fall behind a boat, they have to turn around, pick you up, start up again. The acceleration requires a ton of fuel. Most true wakeboard boats have wedges/ballast tanks to make the wake bigger. More weight = more fuel. Not to mention they usually have big v8's in them (somewhere around a 5.0L).

My take is who cares if others think it's cool. If you're having a good time, keep doing it!

Wakeboarding is lots of fun. I did it a bit yesterday. Right after sailing and paddling some whitewater . I need a GoPro/waterproof camera so I can feed the summertime stoke machine.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
That's pretty cool Matt. Great way to practice or just get it without a boat.

They've been doing cable skiing a Cypress Gardens in Florida for decades. Cypress Gardens is beautiful and has great ski shows. Well worth the visit if you're ever down that way visiting the Mouse.

M-I-C

K-E-Y.....