classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

It's DUMPING.. And big... 4/8/15

Skiray
Can't believe it.  

SMOKES - Killington - not a huge fan but, freshies all day.  Can't beat that.  A bit icy towards the end of the day.

On the lift to k1

East Fall was icy with fresh snow on top. A bit more than Dust on Crust.  Anyway, look for a full report later.  :)

Alicia on East Fall...

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: It's DUMPING.. And big... 4/8/15

MC2 5678F589
I was also at Killington and "freshies all day" is a stretch. In fact, it started out sunny, then clouded up, got skied off, and didn't start snowing hard until around 2:45. The morning was nice soft corn on Bear and select Sunny slopes, more crunchy on the top. The afternoon was mostly sugar over hardpack before the snow started.

But there was about 2 inches down by the time we left around 4:30. We had a great meal at the Inn at Long Trail and drove home through rain that will be snow at K. Should be sweet tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Dude. You here tomorrow too.  True. I got there in the afternoon - so I should correct myself...

Ping me on Google chat. I sent you message there. Or on FB...

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Nah, I have to work the "real" job tomorrow. I'll probably wish I was there, but I'm leaving for Whistler on Tuesday and I need my vacation days...
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
mattchuck2 wrote
Nah, I have to work the "real" job tomorrow. I'll probably wish I was there, but I'm leaving for Whistler on Tuesday and I need my vacation days...
So the snow was heavy in Woodstock area, about 5 inches where we are, heavy, pack the car, kids start to clear windows of snow, I start the car, didn't realize wipers were on auto, wipers start, break the wiper transmission! No skiing today :(.. Part being replaced tomorrow.  Friends said it was nice on top but, like pushing through mash potatoes if it wasn't steep terrain.

Hoping for tomorrow now. We pushed Jay to the following weekend which means we will pulling our son and daughter out of class to ski. Are we bad parents?

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx

Hoping for tomorrow now. We pushed Jay to the following weekend which means we will pulling our son and daughter out of class to ski. Are we bad parents?

School wise , no big deal.But sets a bad precedent for the future..You don't want your kid growing up thinking that its ok to call out of work, so they can have fun..Just my 2 cents..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
JasonWx wrote
School wise , no big deal.But sets a bad precedent for the future..You don't want your kid growing up thinking that its ok to call out of work, so they can have fun..Just my 2 cents..

Yep...  I understand.  Then again, you only live once.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I will disagree with Jason on this. I would "skip" school every year for the first day of deer season. My mom would even write me a note stating that I had a fever. In her mind it wasn't a lie because I had buck fever

That said, I've been working at my current place of employment since 1994. In that time I've only called in sick twice, so I'd say it all depends on the individual.

Take em out of school and go have fun!!

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
As an educator i would classify this as a  creative FIELD TRIP

Hey think about all the opportunity to learn while on the way  up and back .. Geography , culture hahahaa, geometry and physics ( ya know turn radiii and force , resistance etc ) then math word problems like ( if 2 lifts are running near each other up the same slope and one is moving at a certain rate which will deposit it passengers first ? ).  Hey how about business too tix prices , making change , no of hr s mom and dad have to work to pay for this field trip etc etc ..BE Creative then assign them a short essay on the experience .........PRICELESS.     Go have fun,and make memories !!!  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Skiray
Skiray wrote
So the snow was heavy in Woodstock area, about 5 inches where we are, heavy, pack the car, kids start to clear windows of snow, I start the car, didn't realize wipers were on auto, wipers start, break the wiper transmission! No skiing today :(.. Part being replaced tomorrow.  
the only bad parenting I see here is not going skiing because you broke windshield wipers....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by warp daddy
It's  a  s=d/t  question
"Peace and Love"