It's been Great!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

It's been Great!

telerider
Well, our first full time season offically came to a close yesterday.   After 33 ski days, dwindling snow and a rough near-term forecast, we made the decision to close out the season in style with some sunny spring skiing.  All in all, I am extremely happy with our decision to purchase up at Gore and finally make the commitment to leave teaching at mountain creek for a season of free skiing exploring the mountain's nooks and crannies with my wife and six y.o. son.  His mountain adventure program rocked too (thanks Ann!) and it was fun to be able to take him down rumor and the "Gun Barrels" making parallel turns (mostly) these past few weekends.  

Looking forward to spending some quality time up there this summer!  Hope to ski with more of the Harvey Road faithful next season...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: It's been Great!

Danzilla
Hey Tele - glad you are happy with the decision to invest in the Gore area.  This year has been awesome but I wouldn't throw the towel in yet.  Even with the warm temps the next few days the mountain has a ton of snow (especially compared to last year).  Its supposed to cool back down at the end of this week and hopefully we'll get another nice winter storm in the next 10-14 days.

There's plenty of great skiing yet.  You oughta be able to top 40 easy!!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Over ????????????????????????????????????

Its not even close to being over

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
We should have good skiing into April. As for the summers in N. Creek, when your ready to put the skis away grab some snow shoes and start hiking, we find hiking this year time of year to be great. The peaks have a good snow pack, its still cool but not cold and the air is crips and clean. Biking in N. Creek is great during mud and black fly seasons and then in July, more camping, hiking and paddling. Pretty soon it will be ski season all over again.
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
In reply to this post by telerider
Telerider- I'm glad you enjoyed your first season at Gore. This was our fifth and it keeps getting better.  I enjoyed meeting you and your wife this season - thanks for the telemark tips.  Those monomarking drills still scare me though.  I'll get the hang of it someday.  Summers in North Creek are great  - definitely check out Donnelly Beach at Minerva Lake. There's also a thread on this forum somewhere about kid-friendly hikes. We have done Goodnow Mountain and Chimney Mountain, and they were loads of fun.  See you next winter. It will be here before you know it.
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
I can't believe how good it's gotten since my "decision" to look towards T-ball and things spring...I think I've changed my mind and we're back in for another day!  Really, 20+ inches in the last few days and still snowing with another storm possibly later this week???  That said, I have this unwanted unintentional habit of chasing the snow away (aura/karma), so I promise not to come up until Sunday.  Our recent absence up there is probably why the natural snow guns have been running overtime, so think of it as my present to the mountain.

How was this weekend?  Snow heavy, crusty? Crowded?  Fun St. Patty's at the Tannery?   Are the glades all opened up again?

Let's get after it!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Good move, tele! The skiing is awesome everywhere right now.
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
The mountain website is offically saying 28" today since last Thursday (2 more last night) and I have been reading other reports that state anywhere from 32-39" has fallen.   I'm skeptical, but willing to investigate.  See ya'll up there!

BTW, thanks for all the terrific family summer suggestions.  We are looking forward to learning about how to enjoy summer.