classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Japan!

dmc_hunter
Finishing up my tour of Japan...
Started in Okayama - in Kyoto today.   I think I really need to come back to ski next Winter...  Place is awesome.

Learning how to use the trains and get around with the help of some Japanese friends..  

There's a good ski/snowboard culture here...  

And the snow is supposed to be insanely good!

Syo-nara!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Japan!

campgottagopee
Really??? You're in Japan...amazing, just amazing the amount of traveling you do, boggles my mind.

Do peeps think your Bigfoot
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
D' Ur rackin up the air miles dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thinking we NEED a compare  n' contrast  report from you next season   on slidin Japan  vs Tibet  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Really??? You're in Japan...amazing, just amazing the amount of traveling you do, boggles my mind.

HAha...  
Visiting a friend who's very close to me.
She was an exchange student that stayed with my family when I was a kid in the 70's.
She's like a sister to me..  Came to honor her father who died a few months ago - she came to the US to honor my father when he died.  

We do stick out a bit... Every day little school kids come up to interview us at the tourist sites.   They do it to learn english..
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
dmc_hunter wrote
campgottagopee wrote

HAha...  
Visiting a friend who's very close to me.
She was an exchange student that stayed with my family when I was a kid in the 70's.
She's like a sister to me..  Came to honor her father who died a few months ago - she came to the US to honor my father when he died.  

We do stick out a bit... Every day little school kids come up to interview us at the tourist sites.   They do it to learn english..
That's cool you guys have stayed in touch this whole time...nice of you to return the favor too!!!

I thought maybe you guys stuck out..HA. Buddy of mine was over there for a couple years teaching English, he's 6'1", he told me they thought he was an NBA star...what a blast he had!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Zippy
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
Sounds great. Did you take any pictures in the mountains?
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
No mountains... We stayed further south near Okayama and Kyoto.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Giant Buddha!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Dang..is that thing as BIG as it looks??? Looks like it's 30 feet tall
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
campgottagopee wrote
Dang..is that thing as BIG as it looks??? Looks like it's 30 feet tall
The statue is close to 50' tall - the structure is supposed to be the biggest wood building in the world...
It was crazy...  But it was a blast - everyone was happy and laughing.   Really great vibe there.

Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
D' Ur rackin up the air miles dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
So I traded in a miles to upgrade to business class...
But I still had to buy an expensive ticket and upgrade that - so I still ended up with more miles...  haha..

Lie flat seats - front row on the upper deck of a 747...  PIIIIIIIMP STYLE!!! YO!
Slept about 10 hours on each flight...  really helps out the trip