Jay Peak lodging and best runs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jay Peak lodging and best runs

Snowangel014
Lol ... Yeah it was fun! There was a band playing last night ... Perfect little spot to relax after the drive ... We stayed at phineas swann last night ... Headed to jay now ... Maybe we'll see u!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
You won't see me, waiting for a connection in Philly, flying to CO to visit my Son, oh yeah, might make a few turns while I'm out there. I blew it, I was afraid to stick to my original plan which would've put me in Taos last Sunday for the start of their Snowsports Week...they got 44" Saturday. Then my flight Wednesday was canceled, oh well, on my way now. Have fun at Jay.
Reply | Threaded
|

BenedictGomez
In reply to this post by riverc0il
riverc0il wrote
BenedictGomez wrote
Not to be Debbie Downer, but Saturday might be mayhem at Jay Peak = Canadian spring break Saturday.
I've never had an issue with Canadian break weeks and crowds at Jay. Honestly, I had no idea they had a specific break week, I've never noticed a significant crowding issue any where, including Jay, in March long after the Pres Vaca week. Any increase in Canadian skiers will be offset by a general decrease in all skiers as visits start trailing off in March. Lots of other factors can lead to crowding at Jay but this isn't one of them.
Wow.  You're way wrong on this one.  Canuck break weekends are typically some of the most crowded times at JP all season long.   The worst lines I've ever seen at JP the tram was a nonstarter, and the line at the Freezer went back UP the hill.  After that year, I said, never again.  

All that said, I do think SickBirdRider is absolutely correct in that the USD being 25% more expensive to Canadians could lead to a big decline in north of the border skiers this year.  From 2011 to 2015 the USD/CAD was 1:1, 1:1, 1:1, 1:1.1, and now it's 1:1.25.  Ouch!
Can we get SOME snow?  Please?
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
Made that mistake last year, planned out my trip to avoid all the NY, NH, and Vermont breaks. Get to Jay and there were Canadians everywhere.

I kept a close eye on my wallet and belongings. Good thing I didn't have any hockey sticks or curling gear in my car. People speaking French just can't be trusted.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by BenedictGomez
BenedictGomez wrote
Wow.  You're way wrong on this one.  Canuck break weekends are typically some of the most crowded times at JP all season long.   The worst lines I've ever seen at JP the tram was a nonstarter, and the line at the Freezer went back UP the hill.  After that year, I said, never again.
Was a pass holder there for three years and I've been skiing there frequently for nine years now. Maybe I have just never hit it when it was bad. I can guarantee I've skied this weekend and next weekend many times and I've never noticed any issues. I'm not wrong, I just have never had an issue. My experience can't be wrong even if it is different than yours...