classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
56 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Judge Throws Out Snowboarders Case Against Alta

ScottyJack
dmc_hunter wrote
I got skills....    I'll back that up any day...  Anywhere...  

Never ridden with any of you so called "skiers"..  You could be talking AlpineZone shit...

who thinks DMC is a poser?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
I got skills....    I'll back that up any day...  Anywhere...  

Never ridden with any of you so called "skiers"..  You could be talking AlpineZone shit...

who thinks DMC is a poser?  

I think being you guys are near peak colors up there the oxygen has been sucked out of your brain
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
def peek!  

DMC keeps talking smack about being a big mtn rider but we've yet to see him on NY's big mtn......

Who remembers the epic DMC - PuckIt wars??  Thems were very entertaining....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I know, I hear it's awesome up there. My parents re up there (old stomping grounds ya know) kayaking for a week or so.

I remember those wars --- D put it to him but good

No clue why he hasn't made it to the BIGGEST MOUNTAIN on the east coast
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
The people I ride with (mostly Gore and Plattekill) are skiers. But a few times I went out with some younger guys from work who were boarders.  They had solid skills, but seemed to have no interest in bumps.  If I chose a bump run they'd ride another way an meet me at the bottom.  I asked them about it, they said boarding for them was about floating in pow or carving trenches.

I'd love to see a boarder who rocks the bumps. If anyone knows a youtube that shows it, post it up.  I couldn't find one, but admit I didn't try very hard.

I mentioned in another thread how you can clearly see the difference between skier and board bumps if you ride the lifts between Alta and Snowbird. The skier bumps are old school regular and fairly consistent, and the boarder bumps are chaotic. Watch a snowblowing slope with big whales get opened. If a lot of boarders are there that day, it forms into a big, inconsistent bump field. When I was riding, the last thing I wanted to do was go into a big icy skier bump field and get subjected to the constant and quick turning. Riders naturally want to make all sorts of shapes turns, not that metronomic stuff skiers do. Probably has a lot to do with the obvious difference between a heel and toe turn, and how the body engages in both.

And, btw, Alta has no ice under the powder.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

lolkl
Snowboarding is like fucking the baby-sitter... It might be easy but it ain't right.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
def peek!  

DMC keeps talking smack about being a big mtn rider but we've yet to see him on NY's big mtn......
Ok.. So I'll stop posting about my experiences until I ski your mountain...  Is that cool?

I got no beef with you and this is certainly more YOUR message board than mine..  and I don't want to go up against you anymore and I won't take your bait...   So later...

See you guys on the hill - Campy knows how to find me...

Peace!!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
dmc_hunter wrote
ScottyJack wrote
def peek!  

Ok.. So I'll stop posting about my experiences until I ski your mountain...  Is that cool?

I got no beef with you and this is certainly more YOUR message board than mine..  and I don't want to go up against you anymore and I won't take your bait...   So later...

Peace!!
So we're working on the Whiteface, gotta be a skier and some kid from NJ so we've got at least one person to ridicule blog/forum. So when does Harv change the name?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
dmc_hunter wrote

Peace!!

WORD

I love that word, WORD
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
I mentioned in another thread how you can clearly see the difference between skier and board bumps if you ride the lifts between Alta and Snowbird. The skier bumps are old school regular and fairly consistent, and the boarder bumps are chaotic.
The only place at Alta with a decent bump line is Lower Sunspot. Other than that, I'd say the Bird has 100% better, more consistent, rhythmical bumps than Alta.

As a waiter at Alta, I hear a lot of shit talking about snowboarders and hear from quite a few skiers who come to Alta because there aren't any snowboarders. That got really interesting when our DR manager was a snowboarder. Funny part is, most of the people doing the bitching can't ski for shit.

The traversing argument has some merit to it. It's not just traversing, it's sidestepping. No post-holing allowed (except for the hike to Baldy Chutes and up the shoulder from Wildcat, which are accessible from Snowbird anyways). To name a few, you don't have access to Devil's Castle, East Castle, Backside, Greeley Bowl, Thirds, Gunsight, and the top half of Highboy without sidestepping. If you stop on the high T, you're going to get run over, regarless of r̶a̶c̶e̶ equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Dude, your problem, which is no problem at all, is that you should ride a little before entering the argument, which, of course, is absurd to say to someone who works and (lives?) at alta. Traversing is hard to impossible, and very unpleasant on a snowboard. The most painful moments I had learning to snowboard well were running fast on flat places. Good lord, the pain if you screw up. Sorta Pavlovian. Thank The Lord for powder skis.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by lolkl
Omg!!! Hahahahahahahah.    How's your lower leg, hope all heeled up!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
Dude,  don't be so sensitive!   Just busting on ya!   Enjoy the color!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
In reply to this post by lolkl
Not only ain't it right, its just down right wrong
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
I mean the baby sitter comment of course.......as for boarders....well....look at the stats....ridership is waning....which makes me all the happier...I say put a sign on each trail that tells you if that trail is board friendly, of course The Rumor would never bear witness to that sign.
Reply | Threaded
|

lolkl
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Yeah Bud, I'm all healed up. Kinda. My knees have a lot of loose pieces of rice or something floating around inside. Some days they float in all the right places. Some days it's really painful to walk around. I sold my knees to the Devil back in the 80's trying to ski bumps harder than anyone ever. I have to laugh when I hear people discussing where the best bumps are. I remember that line of thinking but I'm happy to not need the bumps anymore. I don't know anyone out here that skis bumps on purpose. Sometimes you get yourself in some lumpy shit. That will happen. Once in a while I go and ski bumps in the morning before my friends show up. It's good exercise but tough on the 198 Katanas. When you guys were out here I was careful to stay away from those trails as I could see you would crush me. Western skiing tends to make you a wuss.