classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: West Mt advise

Z
The poma literally was not strong enough to pull a full load of kids up and had to run super slow.  If that is all you have to service a race run where 200 kids are going to race plus coaches and spectators you should not be given a race of that size.  Hunter was extremely unorganized and not prepared to run a race this size.  Alternatively West was did an awesome job with organization and ran a great race for finals.

Today the Kandahar serves two purposes.  For u12 the fest is state qualifier and finals is the State Championship

For u14 it serves it's original purpose as a race to keep those that didn't qualify for u14 state champs racing in an alternate series

At the Finals the top 10 u12 boys all posted faster times than the u14 winner.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by chanwmr
chanwmr wrote
Coach Z wrote
Sites for Fests and Finals rotate in the East.  Maybe it always stays at GP in Central.
Central's rotates too. Bids go in for 2 years at a time. So, likely it could be elsewhere next year again. In fact, it hasn't been held at Greek for many many years (at least 10).
Actually it was at Greek last year too. Only reason I know is because I was there when they handed out the medals to the kids. Prior to that it had been years since it was at Greek.
Reply | Threaded
|

chanwmr
Camp, notice I did say every two years at a time.  This year is the end of the 2-year cycle.