classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
518 messages Options
123456 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

Rj1972
I was there today.  Walking was required. The turnout was good.  My legs could only handle ten runs. Sorry, no photo's.  All in all, a very good season.  I was hoping they could pull off a June 1st closing, but here is no way.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Rj1972 wrote
I was there today.  Walking was required. The turnout was good.  My legs could only handle ten runs. Sorry, no photo's.  All in all, a very good season.  I was hoping they could pull off a June 1st closing, but here is no way.
I'd argue that walking was optional.

Harv should have some photos today.

I was pleased with the bumps on Superstar. Three gaps between the snow on Sup spiced things up nicely. Skyelark, while closed, was adventurous. I had some mighty fine grass skiing over there and some of the most fun of the day was not had while on snow. Though nothing could beat the dude straight lining (needlessly) the grass on the side of superstar for at least 100-200 vert, probably more.

Fun last day of lift service for the season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Awesome to ski with you River, LemmyCaution and Plattekill John.

While I was impressed with your grass skiing, quite impressed really, you are right... the guy who straightlined that grass down the side was incredible.

Met Genevieve from Zoneski - James she says hi!  
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
HaHa, River regarding the walking being optional.  I suppose it's all relative.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Communications & PR Manager
mjoseph@killington.com

KILLINGTON RESORT ANNOUNCES OPENING DAY OF WINTER 2014-15 SEASON
Snowmaking and natural snow set the stage for the Beast Winter Ever

KILLINGTON, Vt. (November 1, 2014) – Killington Resort, the largest four-season resort in Eastern North America, announces Monday, November 3, 2014, as  opening day for the 2014-15 Winter Season. The first turns of the season will be dedicated exclusively to Season Pass and Express Card holders. Opening time will be determined early Monday morning and announced in the Conditions Report.

Killington will open to the general public for skiing and snowboarding on Tuesday, November 4, 2014, and expects to remain open daily for the duration of the Longest Season in the East as conditions permit.

Season Pass and Express Card holders will enjoy draft specials all day at the Peak Lodge, plus complimentary hors d’oeuvres during a season kick-off appreciation gathering on Monday afternoon.

The Snowshed Sales Center and K-1 Guest Services will be open one hour prior to lift opening on Monday, selling Season Passes and Express Cards for same-day access to the slopes. Express Card holders will only be charged $25 for all ages on Monday, November 3, 2014.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Well, despite some indecisiveness, I decided to hit Killington for opening day. Conditions were quite good, with Rime groomed and the lines tolerable. I skipped the bash at the Peak Lodge, and opted for a few additional runs instead. They were handing out some opening day hats, but I missed those, as they opened the gondola earlier than announced, and I really didn't need to be the first in line.  Snowmaking continued as long as I was there.  Sorry, no photos. I never think to take photos until I'm in the car heading home.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
5 days in so far, and the quality of the snow has been outstanding!! If you drink the Big K Kool-Aid, you will be impressed, as everything else is just bug juice  
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
5 days already? Nice!
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
skied killy today with glade runner and cornhead sick conditions mountain is wide open skied trees all day heavy snow with powder on top, never touched bottom. fully rockered skis required
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
did you guys daytrip? hardcore!
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Day tripped it :) woke up at 230 had a pow wow decided on killington and went for it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Awesome picture on the Killington fb today for those of us who know what we're looking at:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm no Killington expert, but I'm guessing we are looking at June.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
They are sure building one hell of a whale
"Peace and Love"
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
skied kmart today. clasic spring day. it did take awhile to soften up.

here is the whale. it is big. i wish my buddy did not ski away ,it would give the size some perspective.

here is ovation. bumps were a little far apart.

who knew there were glaciers in vermont

Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
We were on the lift at 9:20...skiing at 9:30.  Skied straight through to 2 when it started to rain. But we had had enough by then and I needed to spend a couple of hours in a ski shop in the afternoon to fit some new boots. We skied everything. Canyon area: Cascade, Double Dipper, Cascade, Downdraft a few times, Escapade and East Fall. Then hit Bear Mt.: Outer limits and Wildfire and then to Needle's Eye, which we lapped a bunch of times and then a Vertigo. Then took Skylark down and made our way over to Northstar on Snowdon, which had beautiful bumps but the rain started to come down and we were already pretty shot.  It was a great day...and I am really looking forward to tomorrow and skiing on my new boots!  

A few pics:
Looking up Superstar:

Glacier at top of Superstar showing the quad for perspective:

Riding and looking up the Canyon quad:

Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by sig
Best of both worlds today wInter at the top. Spring skiing lower down later in the morning.Tons of trails still open. No base lost today on the star.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Txt from suds:

"It doesn't suck."
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Harvey wrote
Txt from suds:

"It doesn't suck."
Oohhh La La!!  I hope it lasts... My little one and I may be up there in 2 more weeks!!
123456 ... 26