Killington, VT: 11-11-2019

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Killington, VT: 11-11-2019

Brownski

I had such a stoke boner from all the activity in the Woodstove that I couldn’t wait any longer. I had some errands in Albany yesterday evening so when I was done, I headed north to take advantage of having Veterans Day off. I’m not going to reveal where I bedded down. Let’s just say it was stealthy and very close to Killington. The new sleeping platform in my truck worked great

I woke up just before seven and made my way up to the mountain. The parking lot guy seemed amused when I started making oatmeal and coffee on my tailgate.

New construction at K base

Waiting for the lifties to finish getting the all the cabins on the line. I had to get my ticket from guest services and they didn’t open until 8:30 so no first chair (cabin) but I was in the second.

We were in a cloud all day. The first four or five fast laps were on pristine cord, then it started getting chopped up and crowded, then scraped off and crowded.

Most entertaining lift conversation of the day was these teenagers in onesies complaining about some lady yelling at them for skiing too fast. I guess they’re racers cause one of them was like “I’m going to Colorado to train gates. I don’t need you telling me how to ski.” They were also of the opinion that she was picking on them out of a fart bag prejudice, even though they were just wearing them ironically because it was early season. One of them said “the guys at A Basin would be giving us high fives.” I think I saw the lady later, yelling at some Ambassadors that they had cut her off and they should know better because they’re ambassadors.

I actually got a lot of skiing in by using the single line. The legs held up good. Towards the end I did a couple of cruiser laps of Great Northern. All in all a successful first day.

A lone snow maker attending to his trusty K-gun

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Killington, VT: 11-11-2019

Harvey
Administrator
Love seeing the Dirtbag Dad Ski Truck in action.

This pic is awesome:

Brownski wrote
SWEET!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Brownski
Hey, I was there today
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Harvey
Looks like winter!

It sure doesn’t around here! :D

How cold was it in the morning Brownski? And what did you do to keep/get your boots warmed up?
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
OK, you were skiing, that's great. But the important question is, where do you find fuel for that discontinued Euro stove?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Hey, I was there today
Sorry I missed you.

RA, it was only about 29F. I usually get the engine warmed up in the morning and stick my boots under the heater.

SBR
Ramsey Outdoors. Campmor disco’ed them years ago.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Brownski wrote
SBR
Interesting. Days are numbered, though, may want to consider a replacement.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Brownski wrote
SBR
You were right. The Ramsay connection has dried up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Brownski wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Brownski wrote
SBR
You were right. The Ramsay connection has dried up.
Trust me, you are not going to find that Gaz fuel short of a miracle. A Jetboil might be in your future, you could hang one off the back of your truck cap.