Killington planning tips?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Killington planning tips?

Petronio
We passed on the season-long condo rental and pass at Gore this year to do some trips instead.  I am organizing our first multi-family ski trip to Killington for Prez Day weekend.  The girls and I are very excited, never been to K before.  We will be 3 or 4 families so lots of adults and kids of differing abilities, including first-timers.  (I am heading out a day early with the girls to ski Friday just the three of us, then they can ski with their cousins on Sat and Sunday while I spend time with my nephews on the bunny hill.)

Any tips, whether on-piste or off?  We are staying at Mountain Green condos.  We plan on doing dinner in with the kids on Sat, adults probably heading out at night for some music/bars.  Is there a shuttle that goes up and down Killington Road? Are taxis the way to go, or is easier if we just have a designated driver?  Best places for music/eats?

Thanks in advance,
Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Killington planning tips?

Benny Profane
Well, you picked an excellent location to sleep, especially for the kids. The Wobbly Barn and Pickle Barrel are going to make you feel old if you're over 40, but thank god they don't allow smoking in either anymore. That's what drove me away from those places a long time ago. I like eating at The Garlic, and the kids will probably enjoy the recently re opened Casey's Caboose.
There are a few excellent shops on the road if you need something. Make an appointment with Hal at Northern Ski Works if you need boot work, been there for years, great guy, well known. For racers, or just overall excellent stock and service, Peak Performance is great.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
For eats the garlic is great
During week they have a great happy hour deal to 7

Long trail inn is fun for Irish music

Think about skiing pico on that busy weekend one day
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Petronio
Sushi Yoshi has a solid happy hour w/ free wings. The Foundry is good for dinner, although a little pricy. There are shuttles available on the access road. Police are pretty active on that road at night, so don't chance having a few drinks and driving
home.

Best beginner terrain is either Snowshed or Ramshead. I second giving Pico a chance. It's an old school vibe, fun mountain.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"