Kudos to Cunningham's ski barn.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kudos to Cunningham's ski barn.

gebbyfish
Drove up to ski yesterday and with my ski buddy back to college, I was not myself and forgot my poles.  Stopped in at the ski barn and they loaned me a set of poles, no charge.  How cool is that?!  Their good business sense helped make them a ski backpack sale that I had been thinking about!  Wish more businesses were like theirs.  Love the feel of the place and willl definitely be in again.  Always like to share good stories about a local business!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Kudos to Cunningham's ski barn.

Benny Profane
This post was updated on .
Hate to be a downer here, but, there's something you should know about the guy who owns that business. Grab some popcorn. Let's just say that you should never, repeat, never, take a guided raft trip with that outfit.

http://nyskiblog.com/forums/#nabble-td4019555
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
That's great to hear. It's very hard to earn a living IMO up at North Creek, despite how big a ski area Gore is. They are the only full service ski ship in the immediate locale and without them, you're looking at Queensbury (or Beaver Brook to an extent in Weavertown). I always try to support the local businesses. BTW, The Goggle Outlet (Where the Gear Source was located) has some really neat proprietary goggles and carbon poles for very reasonable prices. I bought his Goggles and they work excellent. They come with four different lenses for difernt light conditons and are easy to change out.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
I hear that Mark likes dark beer.