LINsanity

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LINsanity

campgottagopee
Anyone else following this story??? If you watch ESPN at all you can't miss it. A 24yo point guard from Harvard has taken over MSG. He wasn't drafted, played in the D league and was recently cut by 2 other NBA teams. Due to injuries the Knicks pick this kid up and give him a shot. WOW WOW WOW...this guy can ball!!! He's scored more points in his first 7 starts than ANYONE in the NBA and the Knicks are 7-0 with Lin as a starter. I haven't been excited to watch NBA hoops in a long time, like since Larry Bird retired. That's not the case anymore....I'm on the Lin band wagon. When Melo comes back the roof will be blown off The Garden!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LINsanity

JasonWx
No tat's and smart too..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
HAHAH....wonder if he's in the "wicked" smart catagory...what you think Noah??
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
campgottagopee wrote
Harvard grad?  Kind of a given.  I don't follow the NBA much but have definitely been watching this kid since last Friday when I first heard a story about him.  I think at that point he had 3 starts with 20+ points each time.  That night against the Lakers he put up over 30.  Love this story.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This kid has been simply outstanding and has created such a buzz that we ARE paying attention to the NBA for a change . Like many i had given up on pro ball as boring , alleyball or playground  free for all but this kid is SPECIAL , Love the tat free look too !!

He's got the intellectual Chops -- what a nice change for the coach to deal with too
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Harvard grad?  Kind of a given.  I don't follow the NBA much but have definitely been watching this kid since last Friday when I first heard a story about him.  I think at that point he had 3 starts with 20+ points each time.  That night against the Lakers he put up over 30.  Love this story.
I thought he'd be wicked smart too but figured I'd check with the resident expert be4 I just tossed him into that catagory

It really is a cool story....the dude sleeps on his brothers couch for gods sake..."YELLOW POWER"...best sign I've seen yet
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
He makes the Knicks watchable, and that's almost a miracle in itself.

I felt bad for Jimmer last night.  Practically a non-entity.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

ADKarver
I heard on the radio this morning that the Knicks have not gotten this much attention since a white Bronco was being "chased" by slow moving police cars in southern Califronia.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
Spongeworthy wrote
He makes basketball watchable, and that's almost a miracle in itself.
FIFY.

All he does is LIN LIN LIN
Until he LINjaculates.

What?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
"Part man part miracle".....twas a new one this morning
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Instead of heading up north tonight, I'm watching the Knicks game tonight and heading up tomorrow morning.

If you told me a month ago that I would say something like this, I'd run away from you, because you'd be crazy!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Spongeworthy wrote
Instead of heading up north tonight, I'm watching the Knicks game tonight and heading up tomorrow morning.

If you told me a month ago that I would say something like this, I'd run away from you, because you'd be crazy!

LMAO, I watched my first Knick game last night (that wasn't a playoff game) since Ewing retired. Excited for Melo to get back into action!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Funky Polak
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
After last night, Lin who?
Reply | Threaded
|

Funky Polak
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Ha I just read this thread. Pretty cool.

Is the guy still good?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp