classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lance Charged With Doping

campgottagopee
Harvey44 wrote
I guess I should reserve judgement. But... I smell bullshit.
You have a good nose on ya Harv---can you run rabbits too

from what I saw he didn't seem sorry at all---he was spewing words and that's it---what a friggin fake
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Plus. 10000 ,

LA convieniently waits till the statute of limitations have expired, offers more a justification ( everybody does it ) , rather than contrition.  i assume that civil suits will follow and hopefully the feds step in and hit em hard on the financials and scrutinize his every move .

Cheating  , which by the way he "seemed" to redifine by HIS personal revisionist dictionery and abstract yet distorted reasoning , CAN NEVER BE CONDONED . He. Is only contrite to level that he was CAUGHT .

I call total BS on LA part and Oprah, well shes out for ratings , OWN ain't exactly setting the Nielsens on fire .

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Maybe he can race NASCAR...He would fit right in there!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
I guess I should reserve judgement. But... I smell bullshit.
When I typed this last night Lance had said.. he didn't dope in his last two tours.  So he's trying to say that he could come in 3rd against dopers with no dope?

He still hasn't given up on the lie IMO.

Peter?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
If Lance wasn't doping, why was he still getting the services of Dr. Michele Ferrari for his last two Tours?  He was allegedly even working with Ferrari after that, when he was doing triathlons.

Forget #doprah - brilliant hashtag that I wish I'd thought of.  When he talks about this stuff under oath, then I'm interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
It does seem suspicious that he says no dope during the come back but he was still working with Ferrari.

Whatever. He's admitted it but people are still going to hate. People might as well turn off their televisions from sports forever because people only hate on the guys that get caught when every single sport has guys trying to red line it just under the legal limits.

I agree, doping sucks and it shouldn't happen. But I see terrible thing is the controlling body and testing not being up to snuff. The teams and riders should never be better at the tests than the testers. Pro athletes are always going to look for the edge. It is up to the controlling body to fix this crap. UCI just played along.

Not saying LA was right or justified. I'm just not going to blame the riders of that era whether than admit it or not (and I wish more would fess up). It was just what you had to do to get by. Was it right? No. But I think there is a deeper issue here than tossing LA out the window and just saying eff him.

Definitely a total PR move. You could see him searching for the words he wanted to say, not searching for the words he honestly felt. But that is LA, controlling even his supposed lowest moment of confession. I say bravo for finally admitting it, he certainly didn't have to. Some might say truth sets you free and whatever. But I bet his life would have been much easier if he kept quiet.

Now that LA has admitted I hope we see more confessions. Let's get this thing out in the open and totally on the table. Let's but big black marks on a dozen years of racing and not substitute any one and replace winners. Done. Clean out the UCI and redouble efforts on controls. Figure out what to do about today instead of trying to fix the past.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
O-M-G

I didn't get to see the whole interview but I was just watching this segment with Betsy Andreu:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/news/andreu-says-armstrong-dropped-the-ball-in-oprah-interview_271816

and heard this gem...

“I think [Betsy] would be OK with me saying this,” said Armstrong. I’m going to take the liberty and say it. I said, ‘Listen, I called you crazy. I called you a bitch. I called you all these things. But I never called you fat.’”

What a prick!

Is that quote taken out of context? Did something follow it to explain that comment?? Was there some sort of apology after that really ill advised attempt at humor? Wow.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
LA has proven beyond all doubt that he is not only a selffish  little prick but has the audacity to think that he above and beyond all scrutiny and criticism and has the inalienable right to DESTROY others who dared to question him on this issue

Forgiive him yes BUT not without consequences. I sincerely hope the  Feds. And IRS HOUND him financially with forensic audits for each year in question and extract some serious pain in his pocketbook .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.