5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Laszlo at Jay Peak

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Some of you may know that Harvey Road has developed a relationship with Laszlo and Danielle Vajtay, the couple that owns and operates Plattekill. When we were having beers at the end of Plattekill's Facebook Day, Laz mentioned that he usually takes the family to Killington at the end of his season, for some skiing.  This year he decided to head to Jay Peak. When he told me of his plan a few weeks ago, I asked him if he'd like to post a TR on Harvey Road. While he agreed, I didn't know what to expect.  What he posted tonight, is just like Laz - insightful, no bullshit, and straight from the heart.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd read it. He's promised to address any/all comments or questions posted on his blog posts, sometime after Easter.

Here's the link to his two posts so far:

http://www.nyskiblog.com/search/label/Laszlo

FYI just to give you an idea about what a mad dog he is ... both blog posts were done from a CELL PHONE, as he couldn't get a decent Wifi signal in his condo and he wanted to honor his commitment to post. Unreal.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Laszlo at Jay Peak

Jamesdeluxe
Heh, the condo Wifi signal rears its ugly head again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Jamesdeluxe wrote
The reality is the condos are individually owned, and not all owners install wifi.  The "weak" signal Laz was mentioned was probably the signal from a neighboring unit. Each condo at Jay has a jack for hardwired internet access and the resort could solve the problem VERY inexpensively by providing an ethernet cable for each unit and taping a little sign to the jack.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Harvey44 wrote
Jamesdeluxe wrote
The reality is the condos are individually owned, and not all owners install wifi.  The "weak" signal Laz was mentioned was probably the signal from a neighboring unit. Each condo at Jay has a jack for hardwired internet access and the resort could solve the problem VERY inexpensively by providing and ethernet cable for each unit and taping a little sign to the jack.
The Stratton unit we stayed in provided the cable.
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Some of you may know that Harvey Road has developed a relationship with Laszlo and Danielle Vajtay, the couple that owns and operates Plattekill.
Some of us would like to know the full extend of this relationship

Seriously though - great report, thank you, Mr. Vajtay.
I have not skied Plattekill in few years, gotta get back next season.