classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Late March @ Okemo - Double Diamonds??

jcamotts
This post was updated on .
Okemo has a reputation of being a family mountain with not a lot of good expert terrain. And I have to say, I agree. However, that doesn't mean that you can't have fun. In fact, on the trip me and my family took a few weeks ago, I had a blast. The some of the glades at Okemo (Loose Spruce) are a complete joke to call a double diamond, except for a medium sized cliff at the end that may bump it up to a single black rating. With that aside, I must say I was surprised by Outrage. I loved that trail, it was steep, but not too steep, with at least three solid boulders or mounds of stuff to catch some good air off of. The double diamonds over at Jackson Gore weren't much, all of them were the same, moguls, moguls and more moguls. The other great run was Forrest Bump. I wouldn't say it was a legitimate double black, but it did have some good freshies to each side of the run. I was also surprised by the very large boulder towards the end. So Okemo isnt really the best place, but It isn't bad, you just gotta know where to poke around.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Late March @ Okemo - Bumps/Trees

Z
Double blacks at okemo are like Victoria at WF which is a blue
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
he was saying he found some good stuff to ski, not that it was extreme.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Double blacks at okemo are like Victoria at WF which is a blue
100% correct Coach.  I skied Big Bang at Okemo 2 weeks ago, and Paron's Run and Victoria were about the same, maybe a little bit harder.  Lookout remained on wind hold all day today, but tomorrow, we'll see how the Wilmington Trail, another hard blue stacks up to it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

jcamotts
In reply to this post by Z
Okemo is far from extreme. The "family friendly" thing is really overdone. It is fun though, because you can fly down the trails and get a lot more airtime then usual because of the easy landings. The double diamonds at Jackson Bore are just blue runs with natural moguls.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
In reply to this post by snoloco
Nice!  Looked like you got in to some good snow and cool bumps!