Legal Recreational Weed in MA Today

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Legal Recreational Weed in MA Today

JTG4eva!
Kind of significant, being the first legal recreational weed shops on the East Coast......for those who might be inclined......unlike myself, of course!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Legal Recreational Weed in MA Today

marznc
Local news in Boston did a story on the long line in Leicester.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/11/19/leicester-pot-shop-cultivate-recreational-marijuana-first-day-massachusetts/

Reminds me of when liquor-by-the-drink became legal in Chapel Hill, NC in 1978.  It's a college town. ;-)
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Kind of significant, being the first legal recreational weed shops on the East Coast......for those who might be inclined......unlike myself, of course!
Might be a good time to try.  Go easy though, that boutique shit can be powerful!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Cunningstunts wrote
Might be a good time to try.  Go easy though, that boutique shit can be powerful!
Or weak AF. Huge difference between the different choices in CO & WA.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Cunningstunts wrote
Or weak AF. Huge difference between the different choices in CO & WA.
Really!  Man, I figured it would all be world class.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Cunningstunts wrote
Really!  Man, I figured it would all be world class.
Like with any business (think bikes or wine or movies), most sales come from generic, low quality shit (Walmart bikes, mass production winery's cheap magnums & boxes, major studio blockbusters) that can be easily marketed to the average person, and only a few connoisseurs look for the quality stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Makes sense, although I wasn't expecting these places to be selling dirt weed.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't smoke weed very often anymore, and if I do, I'd rather vape 1-2 hits of something really good than smoke a blunt of some acrid crap.  I'm too old for that shit.

Same goes with beer.  I drink a couple strong, delicious beers rather than a 6 pack of piss water.  Costs me the same.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I stopped smoking it a few years back and now just go with edibles.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
raisingarizona wrote
I stopped smoking it a few years back and now just go with edibles.
Vape?

I never tried a real, modern edible.  But eating weed always made me feel a lot different.

Vaping is a bit different as well, but man, I've never had such a heady buzz.

I remember the first time a buddy and I tried vape bags.  We were filling those things and sucking 'em down like they were air.  After about 5-6 bags, he looked at me as said, "Dude, we're just huffing air.  This shit don't work."  I just looked at his intensely bloodshot eyes and started laughing uncontrollably; he started giggling like a school girl.  We laughed like that for another 10-15 min.  Yeah, that shit works.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Ha! Yup, that sounds fun.

I take a vape hit every now and then on the chairlift. Eating is just so easy though, it feels clean and easy to hide for traveling.

It is a bit different at first. Kind of that body buzz but after a few days eating em I get pretty used to them.

Man, powder skiing (or mountain biking) + weed = heaven. That's my jam right there.
Reply | Threaded
|

professor
       Amen !!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Man, powder skiing (or mountain biking) + weed = heaven. That's my jam right there.
Not sayin' you're wrong, but I'm the exact opposite.  I get so high from those things I don't need any drugs.

I honestly like really cerebral stuff like math problems or really mundane stuff, like cleaning, when I'm stoned - depending on how it hits me.

I remember one summer in my former years when I used to smoke a lot I went through physics books and worked all the problems when I was stoned and alone, and I loved it.  I got them all right too.  Today I couldn't recall a single one of them though.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Oh yeah. I’m a house cleaning mad man on some good ganja too. :D
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by raisingarizona