|

Re: Lift Op customer service debacle at WF

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
nvk497 wrote
Harvey44 wrote
Pants wrote
... they are bitter because they are getting old and probably dont ski very well...
This gave me a chuckle at work today.  

Then I thought Pants CAN'T be talkin bout me cuz I aint bitta!  

Not yet anyway.
Either Snowballs is correct or Harvey44 completely missed Pants' point.  I doubt Pants' intent was to evoke a chuckle.
Who the FRICK cares...what pants said WAS funny...made me laugh too...don't some of you know ball busting when you see it??? WOW
The internet is ALL about ball busting, dudes!That's what makes it so fun (unless you're that guy from Hunter that quit over it.)
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by endoftheline
endoftheline wrote
AS, You could repost your original version for today at WF. Crystal clear hardly any wind but the Summit Chair and Lookout chair were on wind hold until about 10:45am. Funny, Summit chair on wind hold but we noticed a Cat backed up to the base terminal and a ladder deployed with guys working on it, guess they didn't want to admit to mechanical problems on that thing again. Only thing spinning early was Facelift and Racer chair, Little WF chair and Mtn Run chair didn't move. When they finally got the Summit chair going about 11am Skyward was excellent for about 2 runs then started getting a little clumped and pasty since the fresh snow from the past week or so hasn't had a chance to cycle through any overnight freezes to get the good corn growing. Again the love/hate relationship with WF but what can you do? Shut up and ski and make it fast, this year it's not going to last.
endo

I think one difference is that on the weekend you expect more lifts to run compared to the middle of the week.  But you bring up a good point when i think about it that the moral of this story is not just about communication but also flexibility.  

I've found that lift ops is sticking to a certain per approved plan to run certain lifts but when mother nature doesn't cooperate with that plan decisions need to made more quickly to adjust and roll with the punches. For example today it was clear that lifts would not run from the outset up high so why not take the crew assigned to Lookout and put them at Mt Run shuttle to get that going and move the crowds around.  Once the winds calmed down you move that crew over to an upper lift once the Gondi gets going as it did.  If you are paying for the crews why not do it this way.  Maybe I'm ignorant to some factor that doesn't make this work - if so please educate me.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yesterday I would have not opened the Gondi but ran Facelift and Little Whiteface Chair....

Crazy number of peeps on the hill for a Wednesday!  

Again lots of Canadians saying positive things about WF terrian...  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
its a school holiday in Montreal and Ottawa this week.  Those canucks love them some Lake Placid when the loonie is strong like it is now.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.