classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Line Prophet 90's, Skied Twice (SOLD)

telerider
This post was updated on .
For those who remember the infamous "Quiver of Two" posting from 2010, I talked myself into buying a pair of Line Prophet 90's in 170cm and put my Bishop Bombers on them.  The first time I went out at Gore, I couldn't flex the ski well (I weigh 160 lbs). I attributed the stiffness to the beefy binding.  So, not to be discouraged, I mounted a pair of 22 Designs Hammerheads on them and took them back to Gore 3 weeks later.  I realized it was the ski being stiff (and pilot error), not the bindings.  So, with two days of skiing on them, I am selling them w/o bindings.   $150.00 and I'll ship anywhere in Northeast.  I can email pics if interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line Prophet 90's, Skied Twice

Harvey
Administrator
I'm told by various people that this sticks are very similar to the Icelantic Pilgrims I'm on. (I thought they were 169s?) I'd say you do have to be aggressive (I'm 180 before Thanksgiving dinner). IF the Line 90 are similar or the same, I'd recommend these skis for the right size person. I thought they handled trees and hardpack pretty well.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Nice price, I had the 186s and really loved them. Someone should pick these up here, they're a steal!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by telerider
Damn . . . A little too short for me.  Otherwise, I'd be on it.
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
Sent you a message telerider....
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Telerider - any chance these are still available?  Do you know if I would be able to mount alpine bindings on these after you had tele bindings on them?

D
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
I've been trying to pick them up from telerider only email exchanged so far but never gave that a thought Danzilla.  At least two different bindings have been attached to these skiis already does that make a difference?
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Fahz - No idea whether it would or not.  One way or the other you have first dibs.  I have been researching the prophet 90s, sultan 85s, etc. online.  I am getting a new setup this year so really won't have a chance to demo.  Found some decent deals on the prophets and the sultans online but none this good:).

Have you demo'd these?  What other sticks are you looking at?
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
Fahz, I never saw an email from you , but I did try to send you a message this weekend.  I just replied to Danzilla (email) before I saw these last few posts.  He is in NJ and I would prefer not spending $ on shipping, as at $150, they're a steal as was already noted. The actual holes are quite small, I think a 3/16" bit.  Once you epoxy the holes they regain their integrity.   The key is cutting the epoxy with alcohol to make it less viscous.  The alcohol evaporates and you're left with the hardened epoxy.  
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
In reply to this post by Danzilla
No I have not demoed them but have heard good things and read good reviews on the Prophets.  I have been looking for a fat ski with a 90 or so waist preferably twin tip.  Considering the Icelantic Pilgrim, Volkl Bridge, Scott Crusade, Line Prophets in the range of 170 length.  Shorter than most of the sizing guides suggest for me but that is the direction I'm thinking about. I'm hoping to be able to get these around quicker get better in the trees enjoy powder & slush more , not necessarily for the park more all mountain.  I think the Bridges would be the softest more park friendly hadn't considered the Sultans.  Thinking of a nice powder day at a place like Magic, Hickory Plattekill to see what they can do.  Wish I had the chance to demo them all first.  I presently ski Atomic Nomad Blackeye 171 length with a 79 waist. Guess I'm trying to expand the quiver
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
Telerider - Sent a message from my yahoo account yesterday Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:57 PM.  I have been having issues with that account lately I would pay the shipping costs willingly just let me know.  Will send another email with contact email from gmail let me know if it arrives.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
telerider wrote
The actual holes are quite small, I think a 3/16" bit.  Once you epoxy the holes they regain their integrity.   The key is cutting the epoxy with alcohol to make it less viscous.  The alcohol evaporates and you're left with the hardened epoxy.
With a metal topsheet, you're supposed to use a 4.1mm bit (or 5/32")
Usually you can just go to your local shop and ask for some plugs. Plugs are just as much to keep out moisture (core rotting) as they are to restore integrity. It's recommended not to go above 3 mounts on a pair of skis.

You can have tele and alpine mounts, as long as you plug them.

Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
Sold - Now I need bindings I have been thinking about Marker Dukes or Barons to start to dabble in backcountry.    I know other bindings exist for backcounrty but I would like to refrain from buying different boots and from what I understand I can wear my Alpine boots with these bindings.  Anyone have any advice or a pair of either bindings used that they might like to part with?
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Good for you Fahz.  Hope they work for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Go with the baron's, I've been very happy with them.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
In reply to this post by tBatt
fujative wrote
telerider wrote
The actual holes are quite small, I think a 3/16" bit.  Once you epoxy the holes they regain their integrity.   The key is cutting the epoxy with alcohol to make it less viscous.  The alcohol evaporates and you're left with the hardened epoxy.
With a metal topsheet, you're supposed to use a 4.1mm bit (or 5/32")
Usually you can just go to your local shop and ask for some plugs. Plugs are just as much to keep out moisture (core rotting) as they are to restore integrity. It's recommended not to go above 3 mounts on a pair of skis.

You can have tele and alpine mounts, as long as you plug them.
I checked my drill bits and I did in-fact use a 5/32" bit.  I think I was confusing 3/16" with the hole depth requirement.  3/16" is big and I definitely didn't use it.  Enjoy Fahs!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
In reply to this post by Harvey
I may have put this in another post,  the 90s are great in powder, and excellent out West (used them at Tahoe last April), but they are not made for the trees.  Struggled with them in Gore trees in March, the Slides and Stowe in April, and wishing I had my Blizzard 8.1s for all three.

Great fun for fresh snow however, or the heavier spring stuff out West.