Line Prophets for alpine skiing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Line Prophets for alpine skiing

Gunny J
I am looking for some imput on the prophets 90 since I have not found a place to demo in NEPA. I have skied a pair of Rossi B78 for a couple of years, but since riding on a pair of lt twin tips , a couple of slushy days , the B78s seem too heavy and bulky in the bumps and very hard to finish a turn. The prophet sounds great , how to they feel compared to the s86 of Rossi?The twins are 80 at the mid and ski the crud great. What will the prophets do?
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line Prophets for alpine skiing

Sick Bird Rider
Hey Gunny, I have Line Prophet 100s for alpine skiing. They are very versatile and easy to handle for a relatively fat ski. My brother got the 90s and he loves them. No idea how they compare to your other boards, haven't skied them. I think the P100s are like a softer, fatter GS ski if that helps at all. Do you like to ski fast? Do you ski bumps? Do you ski in the trees? Are you the kind of skier that can "stay on top" of your skis? Can you only afford one pair of skis? If yes, you will like the Lines.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Just a heads up - the Karhu Team 100 is the exact same ski as the Prophet 100 (and I think MSRP is $175 less).

If you can find them for a good deal, no reason not to!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
Thanks stopped at Hunter Mt last wk after skiing W and grabbed the Prophet flites for $339. Got the flites because I went from 206lbs in 2010 to 178lbs and my skis with metal bands I had I could not ski them the same after loosing the lbs. This gives me the insentive to stay light! Skis weigh just under 8lbs with marker squire bindings, close to the park skis I have been using.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

DaveMurphy9
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Love them.  I had the Prophet 80 in 176 and now ski the Prophet 90 in 179.  I'm 6 ft., 170 lbs.  I ski Mt Snow in VT mostly, and also do some hiking off those nearby mtns.  I took them to A-Basin in CO and they were plenty of ski for bigger, snowier hills too.  They do everything.  The new models have early rise, which I would be eager to try.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
DaveMurphy9 wrote
The new models have early rise
Uh, well, you lose that as you get older.

So I'm told.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
They have a pill for that

So I'm told
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
In reply to this post by DaveMurphy9
Now to pull this discussion back from the edge.  I presently ski on 09 Atomic Nomads I believe they are 171 with a 79 waist before that straight skis. I like the Atomics but I keep thinking I want a fatter twin tip all mountain ski for alpine use but do not want to increase the length.  Not really for use in a park but I'm thinking wider for the rare dumps and for trips to places like Hickory for instance but I would prefer the maneuverability of a shorter ski in the glades.  Something with a waist of 90 to 100 like the Prophets and a length no longer than my Atomics.  But my weight around 200lbs, height of about 6 ft and improving ability on size charts have me more in the high 170 to 180 neighborhood.  This makes me question what I'm thinking.  So does the length really matter or is it more preference?  Bringing it back to the edge again sorry.  
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
DaveMurphy9 wrote
The new models have early rise
Uh, well, you lose that as you get older.
Wood not no!
Reply | Threaded
|

MattyR
In reply to this post by fahz
Fahz - I'm about the same size as you - 6ft 220lbs and I still prefer skiing on shorter skis.  I'm coming off some '04-ish Rossi Bandits in 168 and i loved them, but they're just too soft for my current ability.  I just bought the 2012 Line Prophet 90s in 172, and that feels like the prefect length for me.  Last year I demoed the Blizzard 8.1, Volkl AC30, and Volkl Kendos all in 170 and they were great.  I also demoed the AC30s and Kendos in 177 and found them to be downright burly, and bit difficult to handle, especially in crowded situations.  
I started my skiing career as a senior in college in 2001, just as the shorter ski era was beginning, so I never really experienced the joy(?) of skiing on 200cm skis.  Also, I just don't really ski fast enough to need the extra stability that a 179 or longer ski would give me.