Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Liquids and Solids in Lake Placid

Z
This post was updated on .
ScottyJack wrote
L&S in Lake Placid is another great place to eat!  Wicked good!  
SJ

What / where is L&S?

My son and I hit Despos for some Mexiquinn on Saturday after skiing.  Mighty good.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

ScottyJack
Liquid and Soilds.  In the Old HandleBar building across form Lisa Gs.  It's not for everyone.  Unique menu and lots of awesome beers.

Everything on the menu is sourced locally.  

Don't pressure the bartender or you may get the boot.  

http://liquidsandsolids.com/
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

MC2 5678F589
ScottyJack wrote
Liquid and Soilds.  In the Old HandleBar building across form Lisa Gs.  It's not for everyone.  Unique menu and lots of awesome beers.

I ate a meal there once. It was pretty good, and they have a really nice beer selection.

Gotta like a place that has a "poutine of the day"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Liquids and Solids in Lake Placid

Z
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote

Thanks SJ - this looks really good.  It is the kind of menu that you see in Burlington but not in Lake Placid.  By far the biggest and best beer list I've seen around these parts.  We will give it a try.  Maybe NYSB needs to get a forum section devoted to local restaurants that rock.  What do you think?  I could see it like the ski conditions with a section for LP, North Creek, what ever the local towns are down around the catskill areas, etc.

I tend to go to the same few places and avoid main street because its hard to park and I have not found anyplace on Main that really is worth it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Coach Z wrote
Maybe NYSB needs to get a forum section devoted to local restaurants that rock.  What do you think?  I could see it like the ski conditions with a section for LP, North Creek, what ever the local towns are down around the catskill areas, etc.
I've thought about this quite a bit in the past.  I have various ideas about how it should be built, but I like the idea of having the first post be the basics, address, phone, website, etc and then the comments could be reviews.

I wanted to do this for contractors, plumbers, builders too. It could be a real resource, like when Joe (Harvey) flatlander shows up and his pipes are frozen or whatever.

I actually think it might make sense as part of the directory  — directory.nyskiblog.com — or maybe another directory.

Could help GOOD business with positive reviews and keep people away from other less solid businesses.

One thing about a project like that... it's for SUMMER. Harvski's got to keep his life together, and get his turns in. No more major webstuff. The Slide Guide represents the end of the off season.  Time to ski!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
Harvey44 wrote
I've thought about this quite a bit in the past.  I have various ideas about how it should be built, but I like the idea of having the first post be the basics, address, phone, website, etc and then the comments could be reviews.

I wanted to do this for contractors, plumbers, builders too. It could be a real resource, like when Joe (Harvey) flatlander shows up and his pipes are frozen or whatever.
That's a great idea Harvey!  Hope it happens in the off season.  Given the above comments about L&S, I think my family may try it after a day at WF this week.  Thanks.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Harv

The way I see it you can just create a new forum section like xgear or weather. I guess it could be titled local businesses or something like that

Each locality - Lake Placid Area, North Creek, Glenns Falls / Saratoga, Platskill etc, would have a folder.  Inside that the forum users would put reviews both yea and nea on businesses that they use as a thread - one per business.  Even though I live here its still hard to find a decent plumber or electrician.  In each towns section there also could be a thread on Need to find where if you need a new dentist or whatever you post a request for suggestions.

Here is my suggestion - get this started on a trial basis now for LP and NC and that way you would gather a group of businesses that next summer could be further developed into a directory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
The L & S beer list looks great.  Wine list, ho hum.  Regarding the solids:  is this a bar menu or can one sit down and eat dinner there?

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Peter Minde wrote
The L & S beer list looks great.  Wine list, ho hum.  Regarding the solids:  is this a bar menu or can one sit down and eat dinner there?
You can sit down and eat dinner there.  IMHO - Best food in town!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!