Lost my POV camera.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lost my POV camera.

miker92
So I was skiing Whiteface this past Saturday. First run, flat light, popped off an unexpected little ridge, clipped a tip on the landing, dove into the snow, got up and skied sheepishly away. Didn't notice till later in the run that my Contour HD 1080p had fallen off my helmet. I've had it for 3 years and that's never happened, though I've never fallen right on it like that either. It wasn't there the next run and I filled out an info sheet at WF's lost and found. At this point it's probably gone forever but if you do somehow find it or know someone who did or whatever do what you can to get it back to me.

Otherwise, advice on a replacement would be greatly appreciated. POV cams have come quite a ways since I bought this. I'd prefer not to spend more than about $250 and less would be better. Would prefer not to buy used.

Things I want it to be able to do:

-not look ridiculous. I always liked the look of the Contour way more than the GoPro. I ride with it more days than not and would rather not look stupid or pretentious. It's much more for fun than showing off.

-Depending on how it mounts, I always liked the laser-leveling feature of the Contour, but would consider other options.

-Variety of shooting modes is nice, but I generally use either 720p @60fps or 1080p@30fps. Those two options are all I really care about.

-Battery must last long enough that if I shut it off between runs it will last all day on a full ski day. Never had issues with this with the Contour.

-Must have decent sized or upgradable memory. MiniSD cards are great. I never use more than 8 gigs in a day though, so I suppose if something had 8 gigs of internal memory that would be fine.

Suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lost my POV camera.

Condor
ill sell you my old gopro? hd2 with lcd screen some mounts. my phone is in my car at the moment and dont feel like getting it....
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by miker92
I heard Costco has GoPro HD Hero 2s for $199.

You're right, they look stupid, but I love the time lapse feature and the picture quality.
Reply | Threaded
|

shahidsaif
Banned User
what was the POV camera model??
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
if you are wearing a camera on your helmet its pretty much unpossible to not look ridic..sorry!
Reply | Threaded
|

miker92
Thanks. I really don't think the contour looks that bad. It's in my avatar picture and I don't think it's that noticeable. I don't use it every day, but it sure is nice to be able to relive turns from an especially awesome day.

Maybe I'll wear seven of them the next time I'm gaping it up at Whiteface.