M.A.X. Pass

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
47 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

M.A.X. Pass

Saratogahalfday
Has anyone here ever bought/use the MAX Pass?  With Killington, Pico, Stratton, Okemo, Loon, ect., no blackouts, it looks perfect if you want to ski different mountains during the season.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: M.A.X. Pass

Z
I bought one this year.  I have only used it for 4 days at Killington so far but have 12 days planned for the rest of the season.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Saratogahalfday
Saratogahalfday wrote
Has anyone here ever bought/use the MAX Pass?  With Killington, Pico, Stratton, Okemo, Loon, ect., no blackouts, it looks perfect if you want to ski different mountains during the season.
Easy to justify for anyone in the northeast who wants to do a trip to Big Sky.  Or anyone who can use a season pass that qualifies for the $250 upgrade to the MAX Pass.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
MAX Pass pricing going up a little for 2017-18.  But those who drive from NYC/NJ to the Catskills and ORDA mountains may want to pay attention. The ORDA mountains and Windham are being added.  Presumably still get 5 days at each location.  Anyone thinking of a trip to Big Sky?  After five days at Big Sky, any days at other MAX Pass locations will be "free."

Teaser on MAX Pass FB page:

"Are you all ready? Here's our announcement for 17/18 passes. Passes will go on sale on Tuesday, March 14. $629 for adults with a $49 down payment option and $329 for the adult add-on pass.

We are now at 44 mountains with the addition of Gore, Belleayre, Whiteface, Windham, Lutsen and Granite Peak."
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
WOoHOO!!!

My new Season's Pass.

I've been waiting for this... Any link to these details?
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Wow didn't think ORDA would ever join one of these major pass products...
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Me either. Details needed!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I see the Facebook post, but can't link to it because they've attached it to some random Loon Mountain conditions report.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
ADmiKe wrote
The MAX Pass was based on an idea that Intrawest had for a season or two called the Passport.  Then Boyne and Powdr joined and created the MAX Pass for 2015-16.  The big jump in adding other places came last season.  Perhaps the addition of Stowe to the MCP was a factor.  Now Stowe will be on the Epic Pass and Sugarbush is in the MCP.  That has to change the thinking a bit for managers of bigger mountains in the northeast that draw along I-95 from DC and other metropolitan areas to the north.

Note that there is still incentive to buy a season pass for one of the MAX Pass locations for someone who has a favorite mountain but wants to do a little exploring.  Usually only a premium season pass qualifies for the Add-on.  Doesn't take many ski days in the northeast to get value for an additional $329.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Think I'll be jumping on this for next year. I ski Killington normally at least 5 days a season, if not for early and late season turns. With Gore and WF on the pass makes it worth while, plus the ability to get in some days out West.

I see on the FB page in the comments they replied "Stay Tuned"  to someone regarding comments that no other big name mountains were being added such as Sugarbush...Man if they added them that would really sweeten the deal, at least for me. Still is a great deal without it though
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Sugarbush joined Mt collective so they wont be joining Maxx
Smuggs would make sense
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Kleetus
Yep, I figure with 5 days at Gore, 5 days at WF, 5 days at Killington, 5 Days at Pico, 5 days at Okemo, 5 Days at Belleayre, and 5 days at Stratton, an Albany Skier can put together a solid season (35 days) just in the immediate area. Throw in the days I work at Plattekill and it makes perfect sense for me. I anticipate a lot of weekends where I ski Platty on Saturday, and Stratton/Okemo/Killington/Pico on Sunday.

Any mountains they want to throw in (Sugarbush would be NICE), and any mountains out west are a bonus (and an indicator of where I might be going on my western trip next year - Powder Highway, or a PNW trip, or a Crested Butte/Steamboat trip would all be fun vacations to places I've never been - besides Fernie, but I'd definitely like to get back there).
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
ADmiKe wrote
I'll say ! Major surprise there. I guess the industry's " trend ", competition of free enterprise overwhelmed them.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Yeah I find this shocking.

If they did anything my guess was Mt Collective as Orda already does some selling thru liftopia.

I think the Epic Stowe thing probably woke some people up at Orda

What is going to be interesting when we see the fine print is it 5 days total at Orda or 5 days at each Orda Mt
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
If they do that it will be different than how the pass is structured now. Killington and Pico are both the same company, but you get 5 days at each.

If they do that I think that would be a big turnoff to potential buyers in the NYC/NJ area (and me as well, not that I live in the NYC/NJ area).
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
if I was Orda my fear would be that they don't sell a season but and instead someone that lives in NYC / NJ area that does not have a house up here somewhere will just get a Max pass and ski the 15 days at the Orda mts and samples VT, Maine or Canada or takes a west trip.  Pass sales could drop from this big time at Orda.

If you have a house then you buy the season pass and maybe go for the add on.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Coach Z wrote
if I was Orda my fear would be that they don't sell a season but and instead someone that lives in NYC / NJ area that does not have a house up here somewhere will just get a Max pass and ski the 15 days at the Orda mts and samples VT, Maine or Canada or takes a west trip.  Pass sales could drop from this big time at Orda.

If you have a house then you buy the season pass and maybe go for the add on.
I have access to places near both Gore and WF (somewhat), but I'm not buying pass + add-on, I'm just buying Max Pass and looking forward to exploring some other places.

Lots of people don't ski 15 days a year, even people that currently buy season passes. I'd say that even if they have a place, this MAX pass is pretty tempting (especially if downstate people would ski Mountain Creek occasionally or plan a trip out west).
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
As a ORDA pass holder for many many years, my initial reaction was sh*t, what could this do crowds wise.  

On the other hand, the $349 upgrade thing ain't too shabby if I head west...
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
I hope this is true, but I can't confirm it anywhere on the innernets.
Has anyone seen it on the ORDA or Maxpass websites?
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
It was mentioned and replied to on the Max Pass Facebook page. So nowhere officially but sounds like it's going to happen based on the replies they have made to people on Facebook.