classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MTB Equipment Websites

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
Okay, so, uhm, I need protection. Went DH Mountain Biking over the weekend and Greek and I quickly realized I need a full face helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. Also thinking of some sort of chest/shoulder padding.

I don't know anything about them so I'm looking for input on various websites to look at as well as any advice on what to purchase. I know there are some hardcore bikers on here who will be willing to help this complete novice out.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Equipment websites

gorgonzola
besides the local bike shop, I get a lot of stuff from pricepoint and jenson - got my full face helmet and knee/shin pads at one or the other as closeouts. I totally fileted and chipped a bone in my elbow a few years ago on an otb and wore elbow pads on ALL (not just dh) rides and a few ski seasons to let the landing gear heal up and sprung retail for some soft shell POC pads and they are the bomb. So comfy you hardly know your wearing them except they get hot in the dead of summer.

I only do bike park a few days a year and don't have any intention of getting a DH bike soon so give up some weight and comfort for $ and am limited to blue trails with the current bike so don't have any neck/spine protection. If I was going full on DH I would definitely get some!

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks for the input.

I've ordered helmet, and knee/elbow pads today. More than I had on Saturday, and more to come.

My local shop doesn't sell that stuff. Too many options (I'm guessing) for him to offer any of that. He knows I'll see him next year for a full suspension bike so he's not that concerned. I'd get a new bike this year but need to remodel kitchen first...lmao

Shit ain't cheap

Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MTB Equipment Websites

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Can't really help with the original question, but your all-in enthuze for this, it is very cool.

I'm feeling the same way after we put in 2-miles of single track at HQ.

Dig it!

If you use The Clymb click the link at the top of the OT ;)

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/The-Off-Topic-f1389381.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MTB Equipment Websites

campgottagopee
Thanks all for the help/suggestions. Iv'e found what I'mm looking for for now, the rest is up to Greek Peak  ..... they better open this up on Sunday's!!

Yea, Harv....I'm pretty pumped up on this being right here for us. It's soooooo damn fun!! Every one of us had a big-ass smile on our faces after the day.