MTB Trail Advice for LP Area

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MTB Trail Advice for LP Area

ADmiKe
Heading up to LP next weekend with my wife - bringing the bikes and plan to do some riding.  I'm looking for some advice on the trail system in Placid (I've ridden at Hardy Rd. before), as I'd like to just pedal out from town and back to our place.  

Looking for something she can handle (not an avid MTBer), but not too boring (for me).  So I guess I'm basically asking for a fun route that doesn't involve to much climbing.

Please give me some suggestions/trail names/etc.

Hopefully I can get out on my own one morning and get some real riding in.  Looking to familiarize myself more with the local trails.

thanks
mike
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MTB Trail Advice for LP Area

ScottyJack
goto placid planet and buy the beta maps.

Ride Henry's woods in town.  Some climbing but very, very beginner friendly trial system.

Park up at Craig wood golf course.  head down golf cart path towards driving range look for trail entrance on left.  Poppa Wheelie and Back nine are good for beginner

Lussi Loops from village - Algonquin, Bushwood good for beginner.  Also Cinderella Story kinda and Flying Wasp kinda more friendly to beginners as well with a bit of challenge.

Have fun.

Wednesday 6:30 from Mirror Lake Beach across from Bre Pub is the regular Booze Cruise ride.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
^^^

ML beach usually has some nice, uh,,,,,scenery
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
goto placid planet and buy the beta maps.

Wednesday 6:30 from Mirror Lake Beach across from Bre Pub is the regular Booze Cruise ride.
Thanks for the info.  Plan to pick up the maps.
What's the story on the Booze Cruise ride? What trail system is that usually on?

I'd like to make it out to Hardy Hour again if you guys are still doing that - had a lot of fun last time, even though I got my ass kicked on the climb!
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
We did Hardy Rd a few weekends ago (Ironman weekend). Good time with the family. Kids are hooked.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
booze cruise isn't a hammer fest at all but not really a beginners ride at all either.  Combination of loggers, lussi, craigwood and even henry's woods.  usually three to four beer stops.

Hardy Hour is popular as ever.  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
cool.
I ride with Crazy Horse!