Magic 12/27

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Magic 12/27

skimore
Face shots all day, but also many close calls due to hitting hidden objects with 0 base. Caution was definately needed. 18-20 was the norm, but sometimes much deeper. The steepest stuff could not be skied. Tried the woods more than once in different locations........no go

Very cool place

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Magic 12/27

Jamesdeluxe
Magic is a favorite, but I've had that same zero-base experience there during the early season. Were there enough people that they had both the red and black chairs running?
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
No just the red and ski on all day
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by skimore
Hard to believe more people didn't hit it.

It really was ground zero for snowfall.

Pretty cool situation you've got - roaming free throughout NY and VT.

Nice get skimore.

skimore wrote
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
I was supposed to go yesterday, but either everyone had something else they wanted to do or didn't want to go. I ended up being called into work, and then went in today and I have no idea about tomorrow. I was told I was working 9-7. After an hour today,  they told me they were overstaffed and asked for people to volunteer to leave. I did, got to magic by 12:45. Rode up solo, but found a friend there after my first run. Had no idea he was even gonna be there.

We skied the woods a bit, the main trails were pretty beat from the wind. Lot's of stuff is hiding just below the surface. Third run in the woods, fourth run of the day I snagged my ski, and came scary close to blowing out my knee. I couldn't get out, or even click out of my binding myself. My friend had to do it for me. About 200 feet down the trail I thought I was going to brake my leg. "Luckily" it's just pretty badly bruised/swollen. Called it a day after that.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
That snow was a one day and done deal. Plus the wind picked up a bit towards the end of the day. Without the base you needed to be the first track on each run. Which we did all day.