classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Major Progress at Greek Peak

Powderqueen
This post was updated on .
They started erecting the lift towers on the new lift this morning. Four in today!

Acidchrist reported to me today:

The bar upstairs looks amazing! They knocked out the wall between the old, tabled picnic area and Orion's, and are making it one large megabar/restaurant. These guys are ambitious and serious. The hill has it's limitations of course, but all the money is going right where it needs to go. In summary:

New snowmaking
New lift
New awesome gladed trail
New restaurant/bar
New rental shop
New water pumphouse
New VIBE!

Patroller Al Gardiner took these pix today:

These are from Facebook

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Major Progress at Greek Peak

where's the snow
Woot woot!
Reply | Threaded
|

parris
That is just too freaking cool!  Are there any photos of the progress on the snowmaking system?  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
GREAT to see. Awesome update PDQ.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I was there yesterday---place was just buzzing with the new towers going up

New tuning center is SWEET---Brando is pumped w/ all his new toys

can't wait to ski!!

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
stoked to see the towers going up  won't be long! thanks for posting up the pics pdq!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Powderqueen wrote

New VIBE!

THIS!!!
 Stopped by the open house real quick be4 heading to work saturday morning, the excitement was in the air. Smiling faces, talk of the new lift, ooooo's and ahhhh's over the new tuning center, and the new bar is BOSS!!!

The proof is in the pudding, right now the pudding is looking real good ----- these guys have made good on everything they've talked about ---- I dig it
Reply | Threaded
|

CUontheslopes131
As a long time former Greek Peak skier (while at Cornell as an undergrad and for law school), it's great to see some energy and money invested in the skiing product. A new frontside lift was desperately needed, but not taking anything away from the project, I tend to look at that as deferred maintenance that has come due. Lift 1 was a dinosaur (1A isn't much better). I'd be curious if they still have plans to put in a high speed lift above Trojan and whether the long-promised expansion to new terrain on the backside is still on the short-term radar.

GP has a lot of potential because although it isn't tall, it does have a lot of skiable acreage for Central NY. The ability to ski from base to base makes it feel like a bigger resort than it is. For what it's worth, Bristol is still the best bet in the Central NY game as far as I'm concerned.