Marker Dukes or Fritschi?

14 messages Options
skimore skimore
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Marker Dukes or Fritschi?

Condor wrote
...skis will most likely be nordica enforcers mounted with marker dukes and possibly patrons, also mounted with dukes.
2 pair of Dukes? If you plan on doing any amount of touring you'll wish you had something lighter and a binding that tours better
Condor Condor
Reply |

Re: Marker Dukes or Fritschi?

Going with dukes for a few reasons. I've had great luck with marker, most of my skiing will still consist of resort skiing, quite honestly I don't have an issue with the weight of them, just get the leg muscles in shape. And lastly, price.
skimore skimore
Reply |

In reply to this post by skimore
Why not some diversity? You can use a decent AT setup at the resort on powder days and use it  as option for  touring

If you slap the skins on for an all day tour you may a different opinion of the weight
Condor Condor
Reply |

weight wienies!!! not too concerned about it. and again price. i can get 2 pairs of dukes for the price of a fritschi pro. i also would not trust that binding, those toe pieces are pitiful! would i break them, probably not but from all the experience ive had with marker and everything else ive read about them, they seem to be just fine.
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

In reply to this post by skimore
I also don't think he's planning on getting AT boots. Dukes have an adjustable toe height = alpine boot compatible. Yeah, yeah, alpine boots = heavier. Having only one pair of boots = cheaper.
Snowballs Snowballs
Reply |

fujative wrote
 I also don't think he's planning on getting AT boots. Dukes have an adjustable toe height = alpine boot compatible. Yeah, yeah, alpine boots = heavier. Having only one pair of boots = cheaper.
2 friends sticking together = priceless.
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

If it makes you feel better, I definitely think the FR pros are better than the dukes. But for what we're doing, it just makes no sense.
Condor Condor
Reply |

i will counter your statement saying dukes are better...

dukes= plastic/metal fr pro=plastic....and as far as i know and seen, more plastic. dukes=34mm stand height, fr pro =39mm stand hieght. dukes=6-16din. fr pro=4-12din

also, and this is from me holding a pair of barons, and fr pros side by side, same size L, and the baron was way shorter than the fritschi as far as track length. now yes blah blah blah take ski off to release heel blahh blahh blahh weight. theres a 410gram difference between the pair...thats less than half a pound per binding...or to be exact 0.449743015 pounds. thats NOTHING!!!!! also the duke has a way more elastic toe and heel. so what does the freeride pro get points on....ill give it that the pivot point is in a better location, other than that i feel it is an inferior binding than the duke. and i can almost guarantee i can find more broken free ride pros than dukes soooooo end rant/truth:)
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by tBatt
fujative wrote
... for what we're doing...
Sincere question: why would you buy an AT binding for resort skiing?

Are you going to be touring?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

I plan on getting some beat up skis for cheap on gearswap and putting the dukes on there for early/late season skiing. Maybe an actual tour or two at best. I'm still keeping my S6/Tyrolia peaks for resort skiing. Maybe using them for some slackcountry on my trips out West.

If I actually get seriously into it, maybe I'll invest in some AT Boots/FR pros (granted that I can try them and see if I like them), then I'll consider picking some up when I'm not $7k in the hole.