May Nor'Easter

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

May Nor'Easter

Nicky Z
Whiteface got 30+ inches, anyone skiing?  http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitefacemountain/
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: May Nor'Easter

Hoser
Does the 34" get added to the 2012-13 season total,  or 2013-14? My vote is the former due to pre-summer solstice (sp) timing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I added 4" to the Gore total and recorded it at 3000 feet.  That was just a guess really.

Definitely want to be able to remember it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Snowed briefly in Lake Placid on Saturday afternoon.  Shoulda brought rock skis, not roller skis.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
We were in Lk Placid for the annual 46ers dinner and awards ceremony Sunday evening.  Drove up in the rain that afternoon, but by early evening the storm cleared, revealing a dramatic scene of the snow-covered High Peaks rising above a green landscape.  Our kids are convinced that Lake Placid is some kind of magical place where it can snow in summer.  Even Disney can't beat that.

Whiteface emerging from the storm clouds:

Whiteface and Mirror Lake:

Gothics and Saddleback:

Marcy, Colden, Wright, Algonquin, Iroquois:

Monday was crisp and clear, a spectacular early summer day.  The peaks remained white all day.  Takes a while to melt 3 feet of snow.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I played golf in the rain Sunday afternoon - I was stir crazy after being trapped in the house for two days.  Around the 14th hole the sun came out and the mountain tops were whiter than I can ever remember seeing them.  I think it was a contract to the green everywhere else.  

We were really lucky becuase the snow levels were around 2800 feet and above the area where hard woods grow.  If we would have had that much snow lower with all the leaves on the trees it would have been a huge problem and we would have been out of power for over a week.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
very cool pics adkj!  thanks for sharing
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Thanks Gorgo, here's a link to photos and a tr from the family hike we did on Monday.  It was a spectacular day to be in the mountains.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Nicky Z
Yup..

TR Coming eventually.