God Bless America

Ya'll be cool...keep your powder dry
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Harvey
Administrator
Happy holiday to you too, Camp. And to all.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
We're surprising the girls and taking them down to DisneyWorld for the weekend.  Flight leaves tomorrow am at 10 a.m., we'll be down in the hotel pool by 2...and then spend sun and monday in the parks and fly back tuesday at about noon.  The girls have no clue whatsoever.  They think we're hanging out at home for the long weekend.  I'm going to videotape their reaction when we tell them tomorrow when they wake up!  

Happy Long weekend to all!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Marcski wrote
We're surprising the girls and taking them down to DisneyWorld for the weekend.  Flight leaves tomorrow am at 10 a.m., we'll be down in the hotel pool by 2...and then spend sun and monday in the parks and fly back tuesday at about noon.  The girls have no clue whatsoever.  They think we're hanging out at home for the long weekend.  I'm going to videotape their reaction when we tell them tomorrow when they wake up!  

OMG you are SUCH a better father than me!  Have fun.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote

We did that with our daughter about 10 or 11 years ago ... woke her up ... and told her to get dressed quickly, we're leaving for the airport!!! Videotaped the whole thing and we still watch it from time to time ... it's PRICELESS!!!!

Have fun!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I'm at the bar, having a beer (Swamp Nose IPA, quite good, I think we need an official NYSkiblog beer thread) and a salad.  I've eaten nothing but some fruit today.  But my girls were almost too shell-shocked to have the "you-tube" reaction we were hoping for.  However, after a few minutes, once it sunk in, they were stoked. I'm not a disney fan, but this is all about them.  I don't like crowds or lines!  Just one of the many reasons why I'm a Platty passholder.  Lol.

I hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend.  Peace out to our Troops and Vets!!

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What a great weekend!!!! Nothing but fun, food, booze and laughs...sleep was totally optional.