Mount Peter Conditions

23 messages Options
ml242 ml242
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Mount Peter Conditions

Best man made sugar I've ever skied in my life. 12/26/2013, Mt. Peter.

DrSkimeister DrSkimeister
Reply |

Re: Mount Peter Conditions

Followed my kids' school group up for an evening session yesterday. Must say for a pimple of a ski hill, they do a damn good job making and maintaining their snow. Had a chance to let the cosmetically-marred (?) Hell And Backs run on frozen granular-nice flyers. Too bad it's no more than 5 turns top to bottom.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

It was about 10F (-10 windchill supposedly) at Mt Peter today, which was  cold enough to keep the crowds away. Once the race kids were done practicing it was like a weekday, no lines at all. We squeezed 15 runs into a two hour visit. It was crazy windy too, blowing from the base area uphill, so much so that it actually slowed you down a little.

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

These guys lit up the guns last night as soon as the school groups departed, apparently in contrast to the big guys according to the other threads.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

From FB:
"GREAT NEWS!
Are you a family of three who gets
 frustrated that someone has to ride the lift alone?
Would your two kids like to take a semi-private lesson together but are told no because the instructor can only take one child up the lift at a time?
Do you want to spend less time in lift line and more time on the mountain?
 You spoke, and we listened!! This summer, Mount Peter will be installing a brand new quad lift to service our beginner and intermediate terrain. This is just step one in our newly designed five-year plan.
We are super excited and wanted to let you know!!!
 Big changes are coming, don't miss out!"

I have no idea where this is gonna get shoehorned in, maybe replacing SAMs chair... Shorter lifelines are always good of course.
Zobi1 Zobi1
Reply |

Just re-upped on the season pass... such a great deal for this we'll run hill.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
From FB... I admit I'm curious where this is going in.
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

So nice of them to finally do an update after demanding that the perfectly good one that I did back in May be deleted (which was a whole lot more detailed).  They were butt hurt that I knew more about lifts than them.  I will never ski there again under any circumstances.

They tried to shut down my interest in lift installations, but they will never succeed.  I was scared of doing my update on Belleayre because of what they did, but I knew I couldn't let the actions of one insignificant mole hill ruin my lifelong passion.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Baby
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

For the record Mount Peter demanded nothing.  I took your report down based on a conversation that I had with management. I thought I had explained this to you.

It's probably me you should be pissed at.  Maybe boycott the ski area we are building at HQ. Actually I could probably use your advice on the best way to set up our tow.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp