classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mount Snow 1826 Pass

Harvey
Administrator
Anyone seeing this ad around NYSB or elsewhere?  Any of you twenty somethings find it enticing? What is Mt Snow like?

http://mountsnow.com/seasonpass/

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mount Snow 1826 Pass

njadk
Never been to Mt. Snow. As one of those "twenty-somethings" you referenced, I think it's a very good deal. It looks to be the same driving time from my home to Mt. Snow as it is to Gore, but Gore happens to be much closer to our cabin, so I wouldn't go for it. I think it's a good deal for people who live within two hours, especially when you have to compete against the big name status of other Vermont resorts.

The biggest drawback I see is that most people my age don't strike me as the type of people who would buy a season pass like this unless they lived close. A lot of people I know will ski a few times or year, or plan a big weekend ski trip with friends. The average college student or graduate who lives in Boston, or anywhere else, is not likely to wake up early on a Saturday and drive three hours to go skiing.

Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
With Mt Snow's dedication of the Carinthia area to being a full-tilt terrain park, it seems that they're banking on attracting skiers/riders that fancy that sort of Alpine experience. This pass deal is part of that plan.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
That's a great deal.  
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by DrSkimeister
Mount Snow is an intermediates mountain.   Living outside of troy I used to go there.  Its better than Jimney Peak but not neary the hill gore is.  Gore is the best option for a decent skier within 1.5 hours of Albany.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
tjf1967 wrote
Mount Snow is an intermediates mountain.   Living outside of troy I used to go there.  Its better than Jimney Peak but not neary the hill gore is.  Gore is the best option for a decent skier within 1.5 hours of Albany.
Magic??
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
If you care as much about partying as you do skiing, and you are in your mid twenties, mt snow is the place to be. My slightly younger friend rented a house there two of the past three winters. He had way more sessions with babes in hot tubs than he did powder days or first chairs. If you're into skiing and "socializing", it's a great place to be. Like killington in the 70s or hunter in the 60s. It's particularly worthwhile if you aren't a great skier/boarder. The terrain isnt my favorite but it isnt bad. They make massive amounts of fake snow, too. You get a very consistent product and they clearly are not afraid to cater to their audiences as judging by this pass.

I'd rather ski gore but it's a great deal if I was in this market. I'd especially rather purchase an orda three mtn, but this will clearly appeal to many people. I guess I'm just psyched to see downward pressure on passes even if they aren't for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Marcski
Magic is like MRG.  If they dont get snow do not go
Reply | Threaded
|

njadk
In reply to this post by Harvey
Here's a better offer from Stratton. Their Strattitude pass- Ages 18-29 for $299,  no blackout dates. How is the mountain?

http://www.stratton.com/lift-tickets-and-passes/stratton-season-passes.aspx
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Magic is like MRG.  If they dont get snow do not go
People say the same thing about Plattekill.

njadk wrote
Here's a better offer from Stratton. Their Strattitude pass- Ages 18-29 for $299,  no blackout dates. How is the mountain?

http://www.stratton.com/lift-tickets-and-passes/stratton-season-passes.aspx
Stratton, while not really having any steeps does have some fun tree skiing and some bump runs.  Long run outs and the upper mountain lifts can get quite crowded on busy days. I also don't think they have much to attract a singles 20-something crowd. It's pretty high-end and pricey.  They are definitely offering some great season pass deals for next year...this isn't the only one.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Non holiday adult pass at stratton for $400 - probably the best deal I've seen in years.  Maybe they are trying to change their image from being expensive.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
TomCat wrote
Non holiday adult pass at stratton for $400 - probably the best deal I've seen in years.  Maybe they are trying to change their image from being expensive.

tom
Agreed.  That's the pass that I was referring to in my post you quoted.  IIRC, they are no longer offering a combined pass with Okemo and/or Sunapee.  Perhaps they are attempting to keep seasons pass sales strong and at the same level?
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Snow is fun to ski, some good bump runs form in mid-season.

If nightlife is important, and it generally is to the 18-26 crowd, yep.  Snow is the new place to be if you live within 2-3 hours.     I'm a geezer of sorts and saw the vibe in early December, not even the heart of ski season yet.     More of a village life than spread out Kmart.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looks like this pass is now good at Mt Snow and Stratton:

http://www.stratton.com/lift-tickets-and-passes/double-down.aspx
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Harvey wrote
Looks like this pass is now good at Mt Snow and Stratton:

http://www.stratton.com/lift-tickets-and-passes/double-down.aspx

Now, isn't this a smart move that we were talking about in the other thread? This isn't college anymore, it seems to be a youth pass. "You must be between 18 & 26 on December 31st, 2013 to be eligible for this pass." That's it, right? Smart. Get the kids skiing cheap.

I'm not a fan of either mountain, but, that's not a bad deal for a beginner skier within driving distance. Say, Albany.
funny like a clown