classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mountain biking the flat lands of Long Island

Thehof
This post was updated on .
My favorite place to hit at any time is Cunningham park,it an 8 mile loop thereabouts,thru twisty ,curvy ,heavily wooded trails in the middle of Queens. I'am usually there every Thursday at 6 pm with a small group. I'am also going in about an hour since I missed this Thursday.  Second place favorite ride is stillwell woods. I actually like to start on Jericho tpk to get a few extra miles and hills in the trip. Where else on Long Island do you guys like to ride. Any secret trails?
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mountain biking the flat lands of Long Island

ml242
post some pics!
Reply | Threaded
|

demersal
In reply to this post by Thehof
My personal favorite Long Island trails are Glacier Ridge and Rocky Point This Spring I made Rocky my training track for the Black Fly Challenge. It is 20 miles with all the diamond options and one full lap plus one fast lap on the 13 mile main trail about equals my time (not distance) in the Black Fly. RP is smoothed out by 20 years of loving use and I can maintain an 11 mph pace average.

Glacier Ridge, behind Brookhaven Town Hall is more twisty and up-and-down, the perfect place for single speed workouts, there are few places to spin out of your gear range.

Check out climbonline.org for maps of all the LI trails and the CLIMB board for news and conditions.
This organization is the main reason we have any place to ride on LI and thanks to them we are close to 20 legal sanctioned places to ride. Each place has its character and style, from sandy and flat to feature laden. The crew at Cunningham seems to have a new feature to challenge every week, I love it!
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Here's a few. Sorry I'd rather ride than take photos. Besides my photos never seem to tell the real story. #1#2#3
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Those trails look saweet.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp