classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Movember

Sick Bird Rider
JasonWx wrote
My company does't permit beards , then again nor does my wife..
That's tough, man. A beard adds to the cred where I work, and in 25 years of marriage my wife has seen me beardless for about a week. For our 10th anniversary she asked me to shave it off, so I did. Then she suggested that I stop shaving, so I did.

What does a guy like me do for Movember - go full Santa?

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Sweet beard brother.

I used to work with a guy that had a ZZ top beard.  When asked about it, he said he was so goddamn ugly underneath he couldn't bear to be without it.

My stache is finally past the itchy phase although I'm afraid it's much whiter than it was last year.  My chin is almost completely white, so I'm debating growing it out for ski season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Cunningstunts wrote
Sweet beard brother.

I used to work with a guy that had a ZZ top beard.  When asked about it, he said he was so goddamn ugly underneath he couldn't bear to be without it.

My stache is finally past the itchy phase although I'm afraid it's much whiter than it was last year.  My chin is almost completely white, so I'm debating growing it out for ski season.
Thanks, CS. Embrace the white, you can't escape it.

Except for two brief shaving periods, I have had a beard my entire adult life. Haven't had it this long since my days as a hippie canoe trip guide in the 80s but Blue Toes is encouraging the new length as long as I keep it reasonably trimmed. Let me tell you, it is harder keeping a long beard looking reasonably presentable than it is keeping one short. I am also dabbling in the world of hipster beard culture, though I haven't broken down and bought beard oil. Yet. Though I did make a DIY beard product with some moustache wax that someone gave me, thinning it with some patchouli-scented almond oil that I found in the medicine cabinet. Works well to keep things in order and BT likes the scent. Happy wife, happy life.

The ZZ Top look is not for me, though. The length above is probably the max, and I have trimmed it a bit since then.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Awesome look SBR!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|