Multi-tools?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multi-tools?

Brownski
My Leatherman Wave disappeared into the ether some time last fall. I've ripped my place apart and I'm giving up on it reappearing. I have a super tool from the mid 90s (I think the first year they made them) but I broke the saw years ago and all the other tools are very loose. There are many many more options then last time I bought one. Anybody have suggestions or reviews for me? Any bad purchases or regrets for me to steer clear of?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multi-tools?

Sick Bird Rider
I really like my Leatherman Juice (the yellow one) but I only carry it in my repair kit and hardly ever use it. It is light, has a good set of basic tools and I can fix stuff with it. Your needs may vary.

Here are two good articles that may assist in your quest, both from Outside Mag:

Multitools are getting less useful

Best multitools of 2017
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Brownski
I'm sure they all have locking blades now.  Back when I bought a Leatherman (about '95) I could have spent the extra $5 to get a locking blade.  I didn't have much cash at the time, so I didn't.  I've regretted it every time I've used it.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Yeah. Locking blade/tools are a must have. The Wave was great but they're crazy expensive now and there are so many variations in the middle price points, it's hard to choose. Maybe the juice is the way to go. I guess I'll have to go look at some in person.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
SBRThanks for the articles. Outside magazine is great. I've been a fan since I first discovered Tim Cahill around '89 or so but I feel like they're trying to bankrupt me with their gear recommendations some times.$200 for the Victorinox one blew my mind. Maybe I'm too cheap...