13 messages Options
JP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Music at Ski Resorts

JP
This post was updated on .
Ok it's the end of the season so maybe I'm late in asking, but what do you think of music played in the lodge, outside the lodge, on the slopes. I pretty much hate it, I have my own tastes and they aren't going to play much blues over the loud speaker . Generally the speakers in the Lodges are crappy and the noise level drowns out the music anyway , so it all becomes one din, sometimes at the lift it gives you some relief from the wait, but on the slopes it really does nothing for me. There was one lift attendant at the strange configuration  mid mountain Tomahawk of Belleayre, where you can get off mid mountain or ride to the top, who played classical from an old boom box, that was pretty cool, what thoughts?
JIMMYPETE
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Music at Ski Resorts

Chatiemac
Like everything else at Gore, the music rocks......classic rock
Ski the East
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by JP
JP wrote
...There was one lift attendant at the strange configuration  mid mountain Tomahawk of Belleayre, where you can get off mid mountain or ride to the top, who played classical from an old boom box, that was pretty cool, what thoughts?
Would that be Jerry Siegel?

BTW IMO Belleayre is the perfect mountain for a midstation. It allows terminal intemediates to work on their endless runout technique.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Best I can remember is a dude with a braided goatee at A Basin playing Pantera really loud at the base of the triple lift during a particularly brutal but fun storm as we were doing laps off the East Wall.

Worst was some hippy dippy group who started to play that saccharine song "Amie" (you know, Pure Prairie League. ech) at the base of the Jackson Hole gondola when I thought my day was done. I jumped right back on that thing just to get away from that s**t.

I've always marvelled at how long Led Zep has maintained a presence at ski areas for the past thirty years, but, I think that's over. Used to hear them at half pipes up to a few years ago, and the kids hanging there were, on average, 16 or so. Man, those guys had a long run.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by Chatiemac
Chatiemac wrote
Like everything else at Gore, the music rocks......classic rock
I was at Gore Sunday, the music at the base was awesome, both in songs played, and in audio quality. Gore does have a really nice deck. I never really noticed it before, maybe because it's usually cold when I'm there, and I just pass right by. Nice place to hang on a warm, sunny, Spring day.

Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
I think Gore changes it up who gets to choose music in the lodge day to day.  One day it is 70's rock, the next day it is a jam band, the next day its classic irish.  You really never know.  There is one lifty who usually is at the base of the north quad who is always playing classical.  

The ski area I grew up at back in the midwest had a speaker on every lift tower and snow gun tower, so you could listen everywhere.  Granted, the place was tiny but none the less.  
JP
Reply | Threaded
|

JP
In reply to this post by Harvey
that would be the Lift attendant, it is way cool to come on his post and hear Mozart blasting from an old boom box.
JIMMYPETE
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead wrote
. Nice place to hang on a warm, sunny, Spring day.

yea we got a rockin joint
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
My bands get people rocking at Hunter...
We play classic rock/funk....

Play the base lodge for happy hour then we take it across the street to a local bar...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
dmc_hunter wrote
My bands get people rocking at Hunter...
We play classic rock/funk....

Play the base lodge for happy hour then we take it across the street to a local bar...
right on!!! nothing better after a day of skiing than rockin out

maybe the new owners at GP will get a little ten man push action going---that would be cool
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by JP
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

Obviously fake. No beer-can bong on the table.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
HA^^^^^