Music in the Lodge

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Music in the Lodge

Spongeworthy
This week they've gone from the eclectic and agreeable classic rock to country. To quote The Dude, "This will not stand, man."
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Music in the Lodge

ml242
I don't know where you're talking about, but I'm sick of a lot of classic rock. I haven't ventured into much country, but I just watched a POV edit that was all classical piano and I was into it. If I had my way, I'd probably ban reggae, classic rock, and dubstep for a month at a resort that I owned just to mix it up. In the subways mariachi bands sometimes show up to busk. That would be awesome if I could ski cinco de mayo with huge bumps and a freaking mariachi band pushing through the lift corrals getting the crowd stoked. I'd also have free tequila.

Someone put me in charge of something.

p.s. Derek's last season! HOLY COW!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'd like some Pat Matheny or Miles Davis.

No Tom Petty because that's my disc for the way home from Plattekill.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
I don't know where you're talking about, but I'm sick of a lot of classic rock. I haven't ventured into much country, but I just watched a POV edit that was all classical piano and I was into it. If I had my way, I'd probably ban reggae, classic rock, and dubstep for a month at a resort that I owned just to mix it up. In the subways mariachi bands sometimes show up to busk. That would be awesome if I could ski cinco de mayo with huge bumps and a freaking mariachi band pushing through the lift corrals getting the crowd stoked. I'd also have free tequila.

Someone put me in charge of something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YpnSbHtHDg
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote

Since this is a music thread, I am sure you're talking about Derek Trucks (and for that matter, Warren Haynes') announcement that this will be their final tour with the Allman Brothers Band, which effectively will bring an end of one of Rock's greatest live bands.
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
This post was updated on .
Heard the same song in both the lift corral at Mt Snow on Sunday and in the lodge at Mountain Creek on Tuesday.

My bowels jumped a tad by the second serving.

It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
After years of playing classic rock and funk to a steady big crowd at Hunter - my band only had one date this winter...
Replaced by a country band... and a Billy Joel and also a Bon Jovi tribute band...  Given dates at the last minute like we have nothing else going on in our lives...

This has actually made me not give a shit about supporting Hunter anymore...
So - have at it...

Meanwhile... We have been packing the house at every gig across the street at the local bar...
And the cool thing is it's not just the people we used to see in 1996 - it's a new crowd that loves to get down...
Makes me pretty happy...  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
 I WANNA ROCK!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
We had 2 gigs the day played the baselodge.   Played Happy Hour at Hunter and then the bar across the street.

The last song we played(as a goof) at the baselodge was Stairway to Heaven.  
BUT we only played it halfway through and told everyone to meet us across the street in 2 hours...
And then restarted it....

It was hilarious...

We also played a set at Hunter where we spelled out HUNTER MOUNTAIN with the first letter of each song.   And had the kids in the lodge try to figure it out...   fun stuff..
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
ml242 wrote

Since this is a music thread, I am sure you're talking about Derek Trucks (and for that matter, Warren Haynes') announcement that this will be their final tour with the Allman Brothers Band, which effectively will bring an end of one of Rock's greatest live bands.
Love the Tedeschi Trucks Band though...
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Marcski wrote
ml242 wrote

Love the Tedeschi Trucks Band though...
Mountain Jam is going to be SICK this year with the Allmans playing!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Should be a great time!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"