classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My favorite summer time snacks is shrinking

ScottySkis1
Anyone else notice this to?

While I  was eating delicious ice cream 14 oz is new pint I guess. Used be pint=16 OZ
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My favorite summer time snacks is shrinking

campgottagopee
I too have noticed this. It is a slap in the face to all ice cream lovers!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Yeah
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Ok, Boomer!  Next you gonna be telling us about candy bars and quarters, and the potato chip travesty!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JTG4eva! wrote
Ok, Boomer!  Next you gonna be telling us about candy bars and quarters, and the potato chip travesty!
LMAO

But it's a national travesty! Take all the chips, candy bars you want. Don't mess with ice cream đź’Ż
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Listen, every time I eat ice cream my whole family pays the price. If they have to endure that kind of sacrifice, I should at least get a full serving.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by ScottySkis1
ScottySkis1 wrote
Anyone else notice this to?

While I  was eating delicious ice cream 14 oz is new pint I guess. Used be pint=16 OZ
Sounds like the "pints" at Greek Peak. In fact, Greek was the first time I encountered a dozen chicken wings being 10 wings. "Excuse me, there aren't a dozen wings here." "Oh, we don't sell them by the dozen, an order is 10 wings" Now, I'm sorry to say, most places sell them that way. I must be getting old, still can't get over the fact those 10 wings are going for $12.95. I remember 10¢ wing nights at bars.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I’m still upset I can’t get a hold of any almond bars anymore. I loved those things.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Listen, every time I eat ice cream my whole family pays the price. If they have to endure that kind of sacrifice, I should at least get a full serving.
Lactose intolerant?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Ahhh....in the case of those who consider a “pint” to be a full, single serving......they doing you a favor cutting you off at 14 ounces, lactose intolerant or not!

I don’t consume a pint in one sitting as often as I used to....just like I no longer consider two Big Macs, a large fries, and a Shamrock Shake to be a light meal.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
LMAO

But it's a national travesty! Take all the chips, candy bars you want. Don't mess with ice cream đź’Ż
+1
Exactly
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Man, it would be a tough decision for me....ice cream versus snack chips....as to which is more sacrosanct.  I’d probably have to go snack chips....
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
It happens with a lot of products. It's easier for a company to increase revenue by cutting back on product size as opposed to increasing prices.  I believe B&J is still 16 oz.  HaagenDazs was the first company I noticed years ago that went to a 14 oz "pint".  Ice cream is serious business for me as well!  

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Unfortunately, they often don’t just lower the size to maintain the price....they also raise the prices!

Most companies abandoned the half gallon a long time ago as well.