classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
34 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NFL thread

Z
Are the officials this incompetent or are the games being fixed either for betting or to get the right teams into the playoffs to max out ratings?

Everything including penalties needs to be reviewed by separate teams of refs becuase this is now a total farce.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NFL thread

BigK75
Which game are you talking about specifically.  Not sure if you saw the Pats vs Bills games.  Now that was f-up of the century from a ref perspective.  I am not sure whats going on in this league anymore.  I started to think that this might be fixed but if that can't be because if it ever got out this league would done for.   So my thinking is that they are incompetent.  

Claude
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In Last nights game it was very clear that the NFL wanted the Packers to win Farve's homecoming game.  

The other thing lately us the definition of a catch changes several times a Sunday.  

The incompetence is stunning lately to the point where fixing seems more likely.  If they cared about making sure out comes were true making all penalties reviewable would be a good start.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
I totally agree with you on that one Coach Z.  I saw some PI on the Bills this year that made me throw the remote against the wall.   If they were reviewable then there would be no doubt that they would be overturned.  Its making a mockery of the game.  

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
The NFL continues to use 50 and 60 year old men who cannot keep up with the speed of the game. Most of the refs also have full time jobs during the week. This leaves little time for their recovery from the game and travel. The NFL needs to get some full time refs in the 30-40 age group, not part timers with other jobs during the season.

They also need to simplify the rules, run the replay system like the NCAA (just get it right) and eliminate the coaches challenge. The nonsense with catches in the end zone needs to end.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Also the incessant pass interference calls..something has to be done..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
If they fix it so that the jets win I'm OK with it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This post was updated on .
So from today's Pitt Seattle game we learned you don't have to take the catch to the ground if rolling out of bounds.  No one not even The Commish knows what the the hell a catch is anyone.  My take is the NFL wants Seattle not knocked out of the playoff race so that call goes to Seattle.  It's all fixed not for gambling but to fit a narrative which maximizes ratings and thus the money the NFL makes.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Check the Bills game where Hogan caught it and took 3-4 steps while controlling the ball and still it was called incomplete after the tackle....WTF?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This one is the one from about about a month ago is the most screwed up one of all.  It cost the Bears the game.  It was ruled a INT on the field so to overrule and change the call is just crazy

http://www.businessinsider.com/golden-tate-touchdown-shows-confusing-nfl-catch-rules-2015-10
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Wow that's some crazy sh!t.  I didn't see that one before.  Yikes!

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I don't know squat but it looked like a TD to me.  Ball in hand two feet in the end zone.

I never knew about the "runner" thing. I thought if you had the ball and you broke the plane...

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
To be a runner entering the end zone he would have caught it and taken two feet down out side the end zone.  Instead he didn't gain pocession until after he entered the end zone and loss it as his second foot came down.  Ball in air caught by Bears INT.  They botched the call.  It's probably going to prevent the Bears from making the playoffs.

In my NFL skews the calls for ratings hypothesis at the time neither the Bears or lions were playing well and a win less team does not fill the stadium or gain tv ratings so thus the commish decides all the calls go to the lions.  It's fixed so the NFL can max profits.  All the owners have agreed to this as the commish is making them boat loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
So it hinges on a call as to whether the second foot came down before the ball was loose?  Was hard to tell which came first, but I thought the foot was down.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hohum. Is this a good game?

Its the first game I've watched this season, for some reason find myself rooting for Carolina. Maybe because they are behind.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Greatest stiffarm I have ever seen just now.

I'll have a gif tomorrow, but watch the highlights if you can.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
It was two stiff arms in one!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Some weird shit going down this week.  How do you explain the Bills destroying the Vikings or the Lions who looked totally hapless against the Jets and Oakland which are not not good teams taking the Pats to the woodshed last night.  

Gambling being legalized is really making things look more sketchy and I’ve long suspected the Commish was the fixer in chief to maximize ratings.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Somehow Clay Mathews got flagged on that play.

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
This post was updated on .
I was thinking the same thing Z. Some missed tackles and lack of pursuit IMO.
I don't rip, I bomb.